Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date Post 302148981 by stringzz on Tuesday 4th of December 2007 01:04:36 PM
Old 12-04-2007
Thanks Ygor!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files with the latest date

Hi All, I have a situation where I need to copy the files having the latest date. For example I have a file by name bas100e1_jun05. I need to copy it to bas100e1. But when a file by name bas100e1_jul05 is put in the same directory the script should copy the file having the latest month which... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
34 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. AIX

loop through the directory for files and sort by date and process the first file

hello i have a requirement where i have a direcotry in which i get files in the format STOCKS.20080114.dat STOCKS.20080115.dat STOCKS.20080117.dat STOCKS.20080118.dat i need to loop through the directory and sort by create date descending order and i need to process the first file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup latest date files?

Hi, I have below two situations to handle, 1. I have list of files with file names having date&time. I have to backup to old date files. say I have below files in a directory, 1. XX123_20101004010101.dat 2. XX124_20101004010201.dat 3. XX121_20101003010101.dat 4.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the Latest file in a Dir

Hi Everyone, I am writing a shell script and I am struck here: I need to find the latest file in a directory depending upon the date. For example: The files in the directory are: Filename_bo_20110619 Filename_bo_20110620 Filename_bo_20110621 Filename_bo_20110622 So here, I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through the dir and Rename zip files and their underlying text file.

I have files in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.zip format under a directory. Each zip file contains A text file in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.txt format. I am trying to create a script that will Rename the zip files and their underlying text file replacing the datepart in them with . For eg: in the case of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash987
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding latest file in dir but getting syntax errors

I believe there are couple of syntax issues in my script, couldn't find them :( can someone help me with fixing it to make it work. cd /abcde/ #get the latest filename excluding subdirs filename=`ls -ltr | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` #get system date and file timestamp and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join files, omit duplicated records from one file

Hello I have 2 files, eg more file1 file2 :::::::::::::: file1 :::::::::::::: 1 fromfile1 2 fromfile1 3 fromfile1 4 fromfile1 5 fromfile1 6 fromfile1 7 fromfile1 :::::::::::::: file2 :::::::::::::: 3 fromfile2 5 fromfile2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHoggarth
4 Replies
inc::latest(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  inc::latest(3pm)

NAME
inc::latest - use modules bundled in inc/ if they are newer than installed ones SYNOPSIS
# in Build.PL use inc::latest 'Module::Build'; DESCRIPTION
The "inc::latest" module helps bootstrap configure-time dependencies for CPAN distributions. These dependencies get bundled into the "inc" directory within a distribution and are used by Build.PL (or Makefile.PL). Arguments to "inc::latest" are module names that are checked against both the current @INC array and against specially-named directories in "inc". If the bundled version is newer than the installed one (or the module isn't installed, then, the bundled directory is added to the start of <@INC> and the module is loaded from there. There are actually two variations of "inc::latest" -- one for authors and one for the "inc" directory. For distribution authors, the "inc::latest" installed in the system will record modules loaded via "inc::latest" and can be used to create the bundled files in "inc", including writing the second variation as "inc/latest.pm". This second "inc::latest" is the one that is loaded in a distribution being installed (e.g. from Build.PL). This bundled "inc::latest" is the one that determines which module to load. Special notes on bundling The "inc::latest" module creates bundled directories based on the packlist file of an installed distribution. Even though "inc::latest" takes module name arguments, it is better to think of it as bundling and making available entire distributions. When a module is loaded through "inc::latest", it looks in all bundled distributions in "inc/" for a newer module than can be found in the existing @INC array. Thus, the module-name provided should usually be the "top-level" module name of a distribution, though this is not strictly required. For example, Module::Build has a number of heuristics to map module names to packlists, allowing users to do things like this: use inc::latest 'Devel::AssertOS::Unix'; even though Devel::AssertOS::Unix is contained within the Devel-CheckOS distribution. At the current time, packlists are required. Thus, bundling dual-core modules may require a 'forced install' over versions in the latest version of perl in order to create the necessary packlist for bundling. USAGE
When calling "use", the bundled "inc::latest" takes a single module name and optional arguments to pass to that module's own import method. use 'inc::latest' 'Foo::Bar' qw/foo bar baz/; Author-mode You are in author-mode inc::latest if any of the Author-mode methods are available. For example: if ( inc::latest->can('write') ) { inc::latest->write('inc'); } loaded_modules() my @list = inc::latest->loaded_modules; This takes no arguments and always returns a list of module names requested for loading via "use inc::latest 'MODULE'", regardless of whether the load was successful or not. write() inc::latest->write( 'inc' ); This writes the bundled version of inc::latest to the directory name given as an argument. It almost all cases, it should be '"inc"'. bundle_module() for my $mod ( inc::latest->loaded_modules ) { inc::latest->bundle_module($mod, $dir); } If $mod corresponds to a packlist, then this function creates a specially-named directory in $dir and copies all .pm files from the modlist to the new directory (which almost always should just be 'inc'). For example, if Foo::Bar is the name of the module, and $dir is 'inc', then the directory would be 'inc/inc_Foo-Bar' and contain files like this: inc/inc_Foo-Bar/Foo/Bar.pm Currently, $mod must have a packlist. If this is not the case (e.g. for a dual-core module), then the bundling will fail. You may be able to create a packlist by forced installing the module on top of the version that came with core Perl. As bundled in inc/ All methods are private. Only the "import" method is public. AUTHOR
Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@cpan.org>, David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 by Eric Wilhelm and David Golden This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Module::Build perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 inc::latest(3pm)