Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory umount(ing) LVM ext3 partition problem Post 302148937 by Tahir Saleh on Tuesday 4th of December 2007 08:26:20 AM
Old 12-04-2007
gee thanks 'grial.'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting an Ext3 partition...

I'm trying to delete my red hat partitions so I can restructure my computer's hard drive. I want to delete the Boot, /, and Swapspace partitions so I can rearrange my drive and install some other systems. In partition magic when I attempt to delete the Ext3 partitions, it reads as not being able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with ext3 partition

I accidentally deleted one of my ext3 partitions from Windows XP. However, since I did not make new partitions over it, or format that area, I guess my data is safe. So I made a new partition with the same cylinder boundary values using fdisk (in Linux). But I cannot access my old data on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digjam
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recovery of formatted ext3 partition

Hi! I have a really big problem right now. I (accidently) formatted a ext3 partition with "mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1". The problem is that I REALLY need some files from there. The partition had a size of about 4GB, after accidently formatting it, I accidently rewrote Grub on it :wall: I hope I didn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Removing encrypted lvm partition

Hi guys, let me start by saying I appreciate your assistance always. I was practicing how to encrypt partitions in my server. I encrypted an lvm partition using luks and when I tried to remove the partition using lvremove, I get this message Logical volume vg10/lvol1 is used by another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Expand EXT3 filesystem ( No LVM)

hi, In my production server having Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Carthage) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) we have a filesystem of 197 gb (Type ext 3) Hadisk in which this filesystem reside is sdb is of 217 gb. (NO LVM) Now I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux partition with LVM

Hi, I need a suggesstion i have 2 disk if i installed OS / root partition by making Lvm in one disk and data in other disk also with the lvm, means 2 different lvms. Is making LVM partition for OS disk will the performacne will be good? Can i make 2 different lvm one is for OS and other for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

LVM based partition

Hi , Background : I am installing the KVM based RHEL OS VM on one of the HP pro-line physical server. Issue: While doing custom layout partition, i want to create partition lvm based , for example :lv_root. But problem is that, whenever i am creating the partition, its showing /sda1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Converting Standart partition to LVM

is possible to convert standard partition ext4 to LVM with preserving data? is yes then how? OS is Linux 5 / 6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector sector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MiB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) PVCK(8)