Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Eliminate variable checking in a script Post 302148748 by BMetelsky on Monday 3rd of December 2007 02:52:26 PM
Old 12-03-2007
Eliminate variable checking in a script

RH Linux, $SHELL=/bin/ksh

I have a .profile which I source in as such --> . .profile

Whats happening is the variables are getting validated and generating errors.

for example

.profile
export foo=/to/the/moon

when I . .profile , I get

: not foundmyusername/.profile
or bad identifier

so the rest of my variables dont get set.

Is there a switch I can add to the top of the file ie

#!/bin/ksh -dontvaliddatemyvariables

thanks!
Bob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking a variable is within range

how can i check that a variable is between 0-100, like if i ask a user to input a number between 1-100 and i want to excute commands WHILE that number is between that range or else i will keep asking the user to make another input here's what i got #!/bin/bash echo "Guess my secret number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poison Ivy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking valid values in variable

I'm using the following in my script. if echo $cpuidle |/usr/bin/egrep ; then when I issue this statement it issues the value of the variable back to stdout which ends up in my output file. Is there a better way to write this? I'm using ksh on solaris 9. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh Checking if variable has 5 digits

How could I check if a numeric variable has 5 digits in KSH...I have a zipcode variable that I know will always be 5 digits, and I want to print out an error if it is less or more than 5 digits the problem is that I have it as: if ] but this won't work because the statement doesn't see 0001 as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking the value of the variable

Does anyone know the quick way to check if the variable contains only numeric characters, for example: A=123445 - correct B=#f123* - incorrect I am in ksh88i Thanks a lot for help -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking variable has value - ksh

hi all, i have a shell (ksh) script where i am reading line by line from a grep command and i wanted to check if the grep command actually returned something or was null. i can do this by using -z : if ; then ..... but this forces me to do something when $myVariable is null when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to eliminate files of todays date

Hi I am very new to shell scripting and have written a script (below). However the directory I am searching will contain a file with a .trn extension each day which I want to eliminate. Each day the file extension overnight will change to trx, if this fails I want to know. Basically what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richM
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to eliminate left and right fields and to get the ouput.

Hi Experts, I have a file as given below and want to filter out the filenames in it , by deleting left and right filds and to have the fllenames (There are spaces in the filename), Sun Jan 11 11:20:10 2009 1 0 /home/output/file2311_recent.list user1 user2 0 done Sun Jan 11 11:20:10 2009 1 0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking the language variable

This is what I have just entered and received in return: # echo $LANG LANG: Undefined variable. How can this be? I was expecting something like en_US.utf8. Am using FreeBSD 8.2. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to eliminate files .rlogin

Hi guys, I'm try making to script for eliminate files rlogins. path1='/home/*' for i in `cat /etc/passwd |awk -F: '{print $6}'`; do if test "$i" = "$path1"; then echo $i cd $i if ; then echo "$i/.rhosts detectado"|mail -s "rhosts" root ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nena_redbalon
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the variable in UNIX

Hi, I have a file abc.txt as ABC,TYU,1.2566 AHG,GJJ,1.898 hgh,FGA,1.854 My program is reading each line and storing the values variables base_cy, quo_cy, ra_amt Need to validate each of them as in: base_cy and quo_cy should be a 3 character alphabet among A-Z, if it is lower case ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)