Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking to install Unix on my Mac Post 302148735 by reborg on Monday 3rd of December 2007 12:47:52 PM
Old 12-03-2007
MacOS is not based on UNIX, it is a (true) UNIX OSand is certified as such (reference) . To learn to program all you need is the toolchain for whatever language you want to write in.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The what and how to install UNIX on a new mac

Firstly, Happy New Year to all. Secondly, my earnest request... I am an absolute novice in UNIX. Have work around alittle with the mac os Terminal which encourage me to get myself a used G3 powerbook. I would like to work full fledge installing a unix shell onto it (without GUI). Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharme
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

install windows on mac

Hello all, i want to install windows on mac and when i search i found that there is a program called Parallels Desktop to install windows on mac but i want it on the laptop not on the program does it work? or there is another anyway to install it on mac..?? Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham$
8 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume.

I lost the firmware password for my MacBook Pro 13" I pulled one of the two DIMMs and did a PRAM reset but the password is intact. How do I reset the password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustOne
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paritioning mac harddrive during arch install

hi so i am a noob to linux but not computers in general and have decided i want to give linux a go. because i like to make things hard for myself and because someone told me i wouldnt be able to figure it out iv decided to try arch so iinstalled it last night and it installed fine and i got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish
0 Replies

5. AIX

Power Mac G4 install AIX

hi all ! i want install aix on power mac g4 . does it work correctly ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijj
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)