Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query in Unix Post 302148702 by greg on Monday 3rd of December 2007 09:41:38 AM
Old 12-03-2007
Hi,

the error you mention suggests that your proc uses the UTL_FILE package.
Does the new user's unix id use the same Oracle user to connect? Does this id have proper writes, etc.?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

General UNIX Query

Hi all, I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting. I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question. Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in unix

hi .. i m in gr8 confusion for eg two number of files 1 & 2 1 contains following a b c 2 gives a b d e on executing following command diff 1 2 | grep ">" | sed 's/>//g' >output.dat in output.dat i get following data d e (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with the query output in unix

I am running a query with contains blank spaces in between in the output. But when I open and read the file in UNIX i am not able to cursor the balnk spaces instead it is moving like tabs. Please help suppose my query - Select ' '||text from tab1; the cursor should move to 1st and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS query in Unix script

Hi, I am using sqlplus query to get results in a csv format in unix. I am using ksh, and below is the query. echo "select r.num|| ',' || p.path ||',"' || r.issue_description ||'",' ||p.timestamp from events r, messagepath p;">> $QUERY_FILE sqlplus -s $LOGIN @ $QUERY_FILE>>$OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nutan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forming a query in unix level

Hi, I will execute a query in sqlplus and redirect to a file. The file will contains the date value such as 2011-04-12 02:00:00. i want to make the content of the file such as, select * from table where col1>to_date('2011-04-12 02:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS'). Apar from the bold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

query error in unix

Hi all , am using unix aix and Am getting the syntax error on 'UNION'.. can anybody tell me the solutions.. INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Query About wc -l output

I was performing the wc -l operation in one data file the result is less when i was giving -nu on the view of the file. while giving wc -l the count is 5023 after setting line numbers in view of file is giving 5024. Can anyone help on this.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a SQL Query from UNIX

Hi, Could you please help me on this. I have bulk of queries written in text file. I want to use those queries and want to execute from UNIX. I don't want to run this file as a sql file as this file will change every week. I want to run it in my environment as bulk sql statement from text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhii
1 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 CHSH(1)