Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query in Unix Post 302148702 by greg on Monday 3rd of December 2007 09:41:38 AM
Old 12-03-2007
Hi,

the error you mention suggests that your proc uses the UTL_FILE package.
Does the new user's unix id use the same Oracle user to connect? Does this id have proper writes, etc.?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

General UNIX Query

Hi all, I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting. I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question. Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in unix

hi .. i m in gr8 confusion for eg two number of files 1 & 2 1 contains following a b c 2 gives a b d e on executing following command diff 1 2 | grep ">" | sed 's/>//g' >output.dat in output.dat i get following data d e (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with the query output in unix

I am running a query with contains blank spaces in between in the output. But when I open and read the file in UNIX i am not able to cursor the balnk spaces instead it is moving like tabs. Please help suppose my query - Select ' '||text from tab1; the cursor should move to 1st and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS query in Unix script

Hi, I am using sqlplus query to get results in a csv format in unix. I am using ksh, and below is the query. echo "select r.num|| ',' || p.path ||',"' || r.issue_description ||'",' ||p.timestamp from events r, messagepath p;">> $QUERY_FILE sqlplus -s $LOGIN @ $QUERY_FILE>>$OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nutan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forming a query in unix level

Hi, I will execute a query in sqlplus and redirect to a file. The file will contains the date value such as 2011-04-12 02:00:00. i want to make the content of the file such as, select * from table where col1>to_date('2011-04-12 02:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS'). Apar from the bold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

query error in unix

Hi all , am using unix aix and Am getting the syntax error on 'UNION'.. can anybody tell me the solutions.. INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Query About wc -l output

I was performing the wc -l operation in one data file the result is less when i was giving -nu on the view of the file. while giving wc -l the count is 5023 after setting line numbers in view of file is giving 5024. Can anyone help on this.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a SQL Query from UNIX

Hi, Could you please help me on this. I have bulk of queries written in text file. I want to use those queries and want to execute from UNIX. I don't want to run this file as a sql file as this file will change every week. I want to run it in my environment as bulk sql statement from text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhii
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)