Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CamelCasify file names (sed?) Post 302148696 by Perderabo on Monday 3rd of December 2007 09:04:54 AM
Old 12-03-2007
With ksh:
Code:
$ cat camel
#! /usr/bin/ksh
typeset -u first

( cat << END
camel case
NST Syndrome
The Living End
fix ME
fix me too
END
) | while IFS= read input ; do
        set -A words $input
        i=0
        output=""
        while ((i<${#words[*]})) ; do
                rest=${words[i]#?}
                first=${words[i]%$rest}
                output="${output}${first}${rest}"
                ((i=i+1))
        done
        echo input = $input
        echo output = $output
        echo
done
exit 0
$ ./camel
input = camel case
output = CamelCase

input = NST Syndrome
output = NSTSyndrome

input = The Living End
output = TheLivingEnd

input = fix ME
output = FixME

input = fix me too
output = FixMeToo

$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

changing multiple directory names w/ sed

ive looked and couldnt find an answer... can someone tell me how i can replace spaces and characters with an "_" on multiple folders? thanx muchly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahJiggah
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - editing file names (End of line problem?)

For lists in sed, to say what to replace, is this correct: I am hoping that this would recognise that either a "." is present, or that the substitution happens at the end of the line. For files with extensions , my script works perfectly. My problem is, files without extentions, i.e. . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busillis
1 Replies

4. Linux

sed to fix view names

I have a ddl file which have lots of view in it. I want to replace all the existing views with VW_< view name> . I am prefixing VW to existing view name . For example, In old file grep on view is like this CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_MBR_PRI ( MBR_PRI_PROV_SYS_ID,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

making find/sed to include directory names with spaces

how can i make find/sed to include directory names with spaces the command is like this for i in `find wp-content/themes -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -l -iE 'e'`;do sed -i -e 's/word1/word2/gI' "$i";done but it skips one directory names with spaces sed: can't read ./Nova: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies
pnmindex(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pnmindex(1)

NAME
pnmindex - build a visual index of a bunch of anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmindex [-size N] [-across N] [-colors N] [-black] [-title T] [-quant|-noquant] pnmfile ... DESCRIPTION
pnmindex creates an index image containing thumbnail (small) versions of a bunch of PNM files you supply. pnmindex labels each thumbnail and, optionally, contains a title. OPTIONS
-size N The size of each thumbnail. The image is scaled to fit maximally inside a N x N pixel box without changing its aspect ratio. Default is 100. -across N The number of thumbnails in each row. Default is 6. -colors N The maximum number of colors allowed in the overall image. If it would otherwise have more colors than these, pnmindex quantizes the result. The default is 256. However, this value is meaningless if you specify the -noquant option. -black This controls the color of the padding between the images; normally it's white and the labels are black lettering on white back- ground, but the -black flag reverses this. -title title Specifies a title top place at the top of the image. Default is no title. -quant Enables quanization (to the number of colors specified by -colors ). Quantization is on by default but you can disable it with -noquant. -noquant See -quant. SEE ALSO
pnmscale(1), pnmcat(1), pbmtext(1), ppmquant(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. -title and -noquant added 2000 by John Heidemann. 9 January 1991 pnmindex(1)