Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SFTP not exiting when run from cron Post 302148506 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 2nd of December 2007 06:37:07 PM
Old 12-02-2007
Cron runs it's commands with an extremely limited environment. Lots of the environment variables you would expect to find are actually missing. It could be that ssh is expecting something like $HOME set. I'd suggest using the BSD ps to get the full commandline from those two spawned processes to get more information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SFTP errorcode 1 when run on cron but runs manually

I am trying to run a sript on cron to SFTP data to a company. Private and public keys are set up. When I run this manully it works fine, however it was failing when run on cron. I have narrowed down the problem - it fails at the code that says if the error code is 0 then continue . . . I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heidi.Ebbs
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP not working in cron

Hi, I have a simple script that is trying to put a file that resides on a local machine to a remote machine. It runs fine manually but does not complete when scheduling to run in cron. Here is what the script looks like. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? #!/bin/ksh cd /path sftp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewilson0265
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp in cron

Hi, I am running simple script to automate sftp transfer to remote box. I have setup public/private keys to have sftp connect automatically and have test script that list remote directory: #!/bin/ksh echo "OK, starting now..." sftp userid@host <<EOI cd dir ls -lt bye EOI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1omen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not exiting from run mode.

Hi Folks. My script is not exiting after run though its working correctly please suggest. #!/bin/ksh trap '' HUP . /bin/functions config_env PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$EXEC_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin MONTH=$(control_register month) YEAR=$(control_register year) DATE_NOW="Job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to sftp with cron (once more time...)

Hi, I have been searching for older posts and I've found many entries with identical problems, but I was not able to find the solution (or when I thought I found it, my trial didn't worked :(). Anyway, here is my question. I wrote a sftp.sh file that runs perfect from command line. It uses scp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kronos
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem automating sFTP transfer using script in cron

Hi Newbie here I am having problems with automating sFTP transfers. Just to save time - SCP is not an option as sFTP is stipulated by controllers of far end server. Ineed to automate sFTP transfer of a single file, once a day to a remote server to which i have no control over. I am using:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbien
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Not Working With CRON

Hello - I have a production stream that is scheduled with cron to run each Monday morning. The jobs in the stream perform tasks including FTP get, load to a DB table, and report processing. About a month ago I was directed to begin using sftp in these jobs and since then the jobs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickPurfield
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to run in SFTP

Hello Guys, I am writting a script which is SFTPing from Solaris to Windows. I need to run a Batch script in SFTP session (ongoing) which will map a network drive and then transfer my files. I can run the Batch script via SSH but not via SFTP and this mapping is limited to that SSH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)					   User Commands				       ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)

NAME
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect - Secure Shell proxy for SOCKS5 SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect [-h socks5_proxy_host] [-p socks5_proxy_port] connect_host connect_port DESCRIPTION
A proxy command for ssh(1) that uses SOCKS5 (RFC 1928). Typical use is where connections external to a network are only allowed via a socks gateway server. This proxy command does not provide any of the SOCKS5 authentication mechanisms defined in RFC 1928. Only anonymous connections are possi- ble. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h socks5_proxy_host Specifies the proxy web server through which to connect. Overrides the SOCKS5_SERVER environment variable. -p socks5_proxy_port Specifies the port on which the proxy web server runs. If not specified, port 80 is assumed. Overrides the SOCKS5_PORT environment variable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: socks5_proxy_host The host name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the proxy. socks5_proxy_port The numeric port number to connect to on socks5_proxy_host. connect_host The name of the remote host to which the socks gateway is to connect you. connect_port The numeric port number of the socks gateway to connect you to on connect_host. EXAMPLES
The recommended way to use a proxy connection command is to configure the ProxyCommand in ssh_config(4) (see Example 1 and Example 2). Example 3 shows how the proxy command can be specified on the command line when running ssh(1). Example 1: Setting the proxy from the environment The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) when the proxy is set from the environment: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect playtime.foo.com 22 Example 2: Overriding proxy environment variables The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) to override (or if not set) proxy environment variables: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22 Example 3: Using the command line The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect from the ssh(1) command line: example$ ssh -o'ProxyCommand=/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22' playtime.foo.com ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SOCKS5_SERVER Takes socks5_proxy_host operand to specify the default proxy host. SOCKS5_PORT Takes socks5_proxy_port operand to specify the default proxy port. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-http-proxy-connect(1), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Oct 2002 ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)