Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris : compilation error
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris : compilation error Post 302148215 by sysgate on Friday 30th of November 2007 08:22:50 AM
Old 11-30-2007
What package you're trying to compile, have you ran "configure", are you root / do you have permissions, what OS is that, what is the command line you've entered ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compilation diff between aix & solaris

what is the difference in awk stmt for awk in Aix & SOLARIS files="$@" for filename in $files do awk ' BEGIN { if ( FILENAME ~ ".*bad.trans.dsm" ) code = "bad"; else if ( FILENAME ~ ".*here.*.dsm" ) code = "here"; else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

speeding up the compilation on SUN Solaris environment

Dear friends, Please let me know how do I increase the speed of my compilation in SUN Solaris environment. actually I have many subfolders which contains .cc files. when I compile makefile at the root it will take much time to compile all the subfolders and generates object(.o) files. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

3. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

4. Programming

compilation error

Hi, While trying compile a C++ file in UNIX with gcc whose make rule involves the usage of /usr/ccs/bin/as, I get the following error: /usr/ccs/bin/as: No such file or directory /usr/ccs/bin/as: error: write error on output file "<filename>.o" *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

5. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

compilation error

hello everyone, here i am attempting to compile a c++ submodule.OS is HP-UX. here i am getting the following error. ====================================== "Make: Don't know how to make compile. Stop." =================================== could you pls somebody suggest why this error is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
2 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation error : Please help

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation Error

I am getting the below given errors for the following program though all the variables have been declared and used appropriately. Please Help. The environment is AIX. Error: ------ "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.4: 1506-275 (S) Unexpected text 'void' encountered. "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.10:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
2 Replies

9. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris and SAP SDK RFC compilation

Hi guys, I am stuck with an issue and i need help to solve. I have to compile an extension for PHP which would help the server to connect to SAP server through PHP. Binary is "SAP SDK RFC" I have the binary downloaded from the SAP official website. Server on which i have to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bvipin2002
0 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)