Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed related query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed related query Post 302148205 by gopsman on Friday 30th of November 2007 07:42:52 AM
Old 11-30-2007
sed related query

Hi

I have a file which looks like this

//string = "abcd"; //info
//string = "*pqrs"; //add
string = "#123"; //sub
//string = "#1234567890"
data = check(string)
//string = "#1234567890"

I want to modify this as

string = "#987"; //mult
data = check(string)

How do i do that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script related query

Hi I have an input to a file. I want the script to return it formatted the input is a number, say , 1234567895 and the output should be 21 43 65 87 59 ,ie, the pair of two digits should be reversed. How can I do this using a shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Query related to Inodes in Solaris

Hi friends, 1.From the information I gathered, an inode is an object which has a number associated with it... and when a slice is partitioned, inodes with their numbers are created. When a file is created, an inode number is assigned to it. This could be viewed through ls -i <dir/file>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
textutil::string(3tcl)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 			    textutil::string(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::string - Procedures to manipulate texts and strings. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::string ?0.7? ::textutil::string::chop string ::textutil::string::tail string ::textutil::string::cap string ::textutil::string::uncap string ::textutil::string::longestCommonPrefixList list ::textutil::string::longestCommonPrefix ?string...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::string provides miscellaneous string manipulation commands. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::string::chop string A convenience command. Removes the last character of string and returns the shortened string. ::textutil::string::tail string A convenience command. Removes the first character of string and returns the shortened string. ::textutil::string::cap string Capitalizes the first character of string and returns the modified string. ::textutil::string::uncap string The complementary operation to ::textutil::string::cap. Forces the first character of string to lower case and returns the modified string. ::textutil::string::longestCommonPrefixList list ::textutil::string::longestCommonPrefix ?string...? Computes the longest common prefix for either the strings given to the command, or the strings specified in the single list, and returns it as the result of the command. If no strings were specified the result is the empty string. If only one string was specified, the string itself is returned, as it is its own longest common prefix. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(3tcl), split(3tcl), string(3tcl) KEYWORDS
capitalize, chop, common prefix, formatting, prefix, string, uncapitalize CATEGORY
Text processing textutil 0.7 textutil::string(3tcl)