Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming regarding socket & mssage queue Post 302148011 by porter on Thursday 29th of November 2007 11:55:28 AM
Old 11-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunchaudhary19
but I didnt able to understand why you had used p+=i;
Say you want to receive 4096 bytes, but the first read only gets 1024, the next read you do wants to start from where you left off.

Add debugging code to trace what the program is doing.

Use a debugger to step through the code line by line if you have to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: socket & Co

Hello, I need help to replace the ................. of client.c that request the server implemented by server.c ------------------ Listing 1 - server.c /* Inclusion des différentes librairies nécessaires */ #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bounkolh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket Handling Differences Between Linux & Unix?

Sorry if this is a stupid question! I have been developing a Java application that I am deploying on both Unix and Linux servers, which uses lots of socket handling. When the server side connection is dropped by the server un-gracefully I have been seeing close_waits and null connections. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinnie
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multiplexing socket and message queue using Select()

I have a socket and a message queue over which i am trying to multiplex input using select(). When data comes over socket the select works but when it comes over message queue the select is not detecting it . Create_Q gets the identifier of the messege queue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaurya.rastogi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

7. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

8. Programming

Error with socket operation on non-socket

Dear Experts, i am compiling my code in suse 4.1 which is compiling fine, but at runtime it is showing me for socket programming error no 88 as i searched in errno.h it is telling me socket operation on non socket, what is the meaning of this , how to deal with this error , please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ socket, fork & pipes

Hello, I'm stuck and this is a matter which I need to resolve quite fast (but I couldn't post in the "Emergency" section); the problem is this : I have created a chat program in which the client sends the sentence to the server and then the server should send it to all the clients connected,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmyyyyy
2 Replies
IPKDB(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  IPKDB(4)

NAME
ipkdb -- IP-based kernel debugger SYNOPSIS
options IPKDB options IPKDBSECURE options IPKDBKEY=""IPKDB key for remote debugging"" options IPKDB_NE_PCISLOT=x DESCRIPTION
ipkdb is a kernel debugger that uses UDP and IP to communicate with a remote debugger (normally gdb(1)). Since the debugger uses its own driver to talk to the networking hardware, the number of supported network interfaces is a lot less than what is supported by the kernel. At the time of this writing, there is only support for a NE2000 compatible card in a PCI slot. In order for ipkdb to find your card, you need to specify the slot the card is in via the options IPKDB_NE_PCISLOT. To use ipkdb, you have to set up a DHCP server, from which ipkdb can get the IP address for the interface that is used for debugging. To enter ipkdb, the remote debugger has to send the protocol start packet. E.g., gdb will do this on the command target ipkdb debuggee IPKDB key for remote debugging where debuggee is the name of the machine to debug (which must resolve to the IP address of the interface), and the rest of the line corre- sponds to the definition of IPKDBKEY (see below). For ipkdb to actually see this packet, the interface which is used for debugging has to be set up to actually receive packets, i.e. it has to be up and running. To prevent messing around with a secured system, ipkdb normally also checks the security level at which the kernel is running. ipkdb will only work with security levels less than 1, unless the kernel is configured with options IPKDBSECURE. In addition, the debugger is forcedly entered on a panic, as well as on initial startup, if you boot the kernel with the -d option (note that this however is machine dependent). On such a forced enter to ipkdb there is no need for the interface in question to already be up and run- ning, since ipkdb only needs to send/receive packets via its own driver. As some form of security against the occasional hacker, ipkdb uses the definition of options IPKDBKEY to compute a checksum on the data in every packet. The remote debugger has to send this checksum, based on the data it sends and the key, or ipkdb ignores the packet. This is also used in order to check against data errors on the connection. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), ddb(4), ip(4), udp(4), init(8) HISTORY
ipkdb appeared in NetBSD 1.3 for the first time. Its configuration and setup changed quite a bit in NetBSD 1.5. BUGS
Since the kernel includes the definition of IPKDBKEY, anyone who can read the kernel can extract it and use it to enter ipkdb. There is no support for ip6(4). BSD
March 27, 2000 BSD