Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help wid C-script in tcsh
Top Forums Programming help wid C-script in tcsh Post 302147758 by ptprabu on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 10:25:53 AM
Old 11-28-2007
Krishna,

How this space in scanf matters? Any more inputs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fork voice wid text???

hello... i am working in LINUX on a client/server voice communication project!!! so far i am done wid compiling code for reading/playin sound card and also sending text from server to client. now i need ur help in using fork() though i do have basic concept about fork but i need detail help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAM
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh I can't get script to work :(

I have an export utility that exports documents from the native file to text. This is the way I would run it from the command line: expage "file" > "file.txt I am trying to loop through all the documents in the directory and expage them, here is the code: #!/usr/bin/env tcsh foreach file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

7. Linux

Execution problem wid mpstat command

mpstat -P ALL 1 10 it results.. 08:05:54 PM CPU %user %nice %sys %iowait %irq %soft %steal %idle intr/s 08:05:55 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.49 0.00 0.49 0.00 0.00 99.02 1024.75 08:05:55 PM 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.99 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritesh_patil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh complete (autocomplete) script

I cant figure out how the complete function works in tcsh. 1. I whould like it to complete after writing my_program.py with either start or stop. I have tried to do something like this in .cshrc.user: complete my_program.py \ 'c/start/' \ 'c/stop/' However i cant get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_cad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions in tcsh script

Hi, I have a shell script in tcsh to which I pass an argument, the length of which can vary. The possible values of the argument are the letters -c,s,i,q,a. and also a combination of these letters. (e.g: cs,si,ca,iq,qa,csq,acs,csia ..etc). The order of the letters does not matter. My problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaisakh P
2 Replies
scanf(3int)															       scanf(3int)

Name
       scanf, fscanf, sscanf - convert formatted input

Syntax
       #include <stdio.h>

int scanf( format [, pointer ] ...  )
       char *format;

int fscanf( stream, format [, pointer ] ...  )
       FILE *stream;
       char *format;

int sscanf( s, format [, pointer ] ...  )
       char *s, *format;

Description
       The  international functions and are similar to the standard I/O functions. The difference is that the international functions allow you to
       use the %digit$ conversion character in place of the I% character you use in the standard I/O functions. The digit is  a  decimal  digit  n
       from 1 to 9.  The international functions apply conversions to the n th argument in the argument list, rather than to the next unused argu-
       ment.

You can use % conversion character in the international functions.  However, you cannot mix the % conversion  character	with  the  %digit$
       conversion character in a single call.

In  all	cases,	uses the radix character and collating sequence that is defined by the last successful call to category or If the radix or
       collating sequence is undefined, the function uses the C locale definitions.

International Environment
       LC_COLLATE     Contains the user requirements for language, territory, and codeset for the character collation format.  affects the  behav-
		      ior  of regular expressions and the string collation functions in If is not defined in the current environment, provides the
		      necessary default.

LC_NUMERIC     If this environment is set and valid, uses the international language database named in the definition  to  determine  radix
		      character rules.

LANG	      If  this environment variable is set and valid uses the international language database named in the definition to determine
		      collation and character classification rules.  If or is defined,	their definitions supersede the definition of LANG.

Examples
       The following shows an example of using the function:
       scanf("%2$s %1$d", integer, string)
       If the input is `` january 9 '', the function assigns 9 to and ``january'' to

Return Values
       The function returns the number of successfully matched and assigned input fields.  This number can be  zero  if  the  function	encounters
       invalid input characters, as specified by the conversion specification, before it can assign input characters.

If  the	input ends before the first conflict or conversion, returns EOF.  These functions return EOF on end of input and a short count for
       missing or invalid data items.

Environment
       In POSIX mode, the E, F, and X formats are treated the same as the e, f, and x formats, respectively;  otherwise,  the  upper-case  formats
       expect double, double, and long arguments, respectively.

See Also
       intro(3int), setlocale(3), strtod(3), strtol(3), printf(3int), getc(3s), printf(3s), scanf(3s)
       Guide to Developing International Software

scanf(3int)