Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail alias
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mail alias Post 302147748 by colesga on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 08:22:27 AM
Old 11-28-2007
Thanks that works. My only issue with this solution is that the email has no message body, due to removing the < $tmpbody (which inserted the body message from a file). Is there another way to insert a message body?

Cheers
Gary

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.forward and alias mail forwarding questions

I am trying to configure sendmail to forward email to a PHP script. I don't know UNIX and am having trouble figuring out how to forward the mail. I think this is just a bunch of basic questions, but I have had little luck getting help elsewhere on my specific questions and it's driving me nuts. You... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitt3n
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. Linux

mail alias problem

Hi all, well i am configuring backuppc for awhile, anyway my current problem is, i set a smarthost, configured the mail to use our ISP smtp server, and its working successfully thanks to ALLAH, now i want to set an alias for mails( it was working when it was using the local smtp server), so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)

NAME
ne_set_request_body_buffer, ne_set_request_body_fd, ne_set_request_body_fd64 - include a message body with a request SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> void ne_set_request_body_buffer(ne_request *req, const char *buf, size_t count); int ne_set_request_body_fd(ne_request *req, int fd, off_t begin, off_t length); DESCRIPTION
The ne_set_request_body_buffer function specifies that a message body should be included with the body, which is stored in the count bytes buffer buf. The ne_set_request_body_fd function can be used to include a message body with a request which is read from a file descriptor. The body is read from the file descriptor fd, which must be a associated with a seekable file (not a pipe, socket, or FIFO). count bytes are read, beginning at offset begin (hence, passing begin as zero means the body is read from the beginning of the file). For all the above functions, the source of the request body must survive until the request has been dispatched; neither the memory buffer passed to ne_set_request_body_buffer nor the file descriptor passed to ne_set_request_body_fd are copied internally. SEE ALSO
ne_request_create AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.28.4 25 February 2009 NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)