Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unable to telnet from win xp to sun fire v880 server Post 302147724 by SebaM6 on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 06:23:35 AM
Old 11-28-2007
It is not connected with network issue so I assume that you have to correct you sun server configuration.
Try to make
Code:
telnet localhost

from you sun box.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unable to telnet into the Sun server

I tried to telnet to my Sun server (E250) but I received the error message : "Network error: Connection reset by peer". I was able to ping my server. And, I had already commented off "CONSOLE=/dev/console" in /etc/default/login. But, if I rlogin from all other servers, it works. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawn_lwf
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server

============================== ALOM BOOTMON v1.3.1 ALOM Build Release: 001 Reset register: f0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS SWRS ALOM POST 1.0 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. TTYC - Internal Loopback Test TTYC -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameer Naik
4 Replies

6. Hardware

Multi-bit ECC Error on X4100 M2 Server Sun Fire

I have a problem, I have been installing Redhat Interprise Linux on X4100 M2 Server, when system is reboot after install, the server is restart (reboot) again (alias unlimited). The bios system show message error "Multi-bit ECC Error" and "bank interleave requested but not enable" I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhaswan
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)