Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming regarding socket & mssage queue Post 302147686 by arunchaudhary19 on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 04:06:09 AM
Old 11-28-2007
I am sorry sir........I am unable to understand what you want to say....??????
please tell me in detail.

is it safe to use child process with loops inside it???????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: socket & Co

Hello, I need help to replace the ................. of client.c that request the server implemented by server.c ------------------ Listing 1 - server.c /* Inclusion des différentes librairies nécessaires */ #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bounkolh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket Handling Differences Between Linux & Unix?

Sorry if this is a stupid question! I have been developing a Java application that I am deploying on both Unix and Linux servers, which uses lots of socket handling. When the server side connection is dropped by the server un-gracefully I have been seeing close_waits and null connections. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinnie
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multiplexing socket and message queue using Select()

I have a socket and a message queue over which i am trying to multiplex input using select(). When data comes over socket the select works but when it comes over message queue the select is not detecting it . Create_Q gets the identifier of the messege queue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaurya.rastogi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

7. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

8. Programming

Error with socket operation on non-socket

Dear Experts, i am compiling my code in suse 4.1 which is compiling fine, but at runtime it is showing me for socket programming error no 88 as i searched in errno.h it is telling me socket operation on non socket, what is the meaning of this , how to deal with this error , please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ socket, fork & pipes

Hello, I'm stuck and this is a matter which I need to resolve quite fast (but I couldn't post in the "Emergency" section); the problem is this : I have created a chat program in which the client sends the sentence to the server and then the server should send it to all the clients connected,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmyyyyy
2 Replies
mq_receive(2)							System Calls Manual						     mq_receive(2)

NAME
mq_receive - receive a message from a message queue SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call receives the oldest of the highest priority message from the message queue specified by mqdes. The selected message is removed from the queue and copied to the buffer pointed to by the msg_ptr argument. The argument, msg_len, specifies the size of the buffer in bytes. The value of msg_len should be greater than or equal to the mq_msgsize attribute of the message queue, or will fail. If the argument msg_prio is not NULL, the priority of the message removed from the queue is stored in the location pointed to by msg_prio. If the specified message queue is empty and the flag is not set in the message queue blocking status associated with mqdes, will block in priority order, until it can receive a message from the queue, or until is interrupted by a signal. If the specified message queue is empty and the flag is set in the message queue blocking status associated with mqdes, will not wait for a message to arrive on the queue and will return with an error. To use this function, link in the realtime library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: n Successful completion. n is the size of the selected message in bytes and the message is removed from the queue. Failure. is set to indicate the error and no message is removed from the queue. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values: [EAGAIN] The flag is set in the message queue blocking status associated with mqdes, and the message queue is empty. [EBADF] mqdes is not a valid message queue descriptor open for reading. [EINTR] A signal interrupted the call to [EINVAL] msg_ptr points to an invalid address. [EMSGSIZE] The specified message buffer size, msg_len, is less than the message size attribute of the message queue. [ENOSYS] is not supported by the implementation. SEE ALSO
mq_send(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mq_receive(2)