Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg : telnet password issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg : telnet password issue Post 302147680 by sam99 on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 03:53:58 AM
Old 11-28-2007
i am using telnet to login to a server as user trysrc.
Only trysrc has the permission to run the command scp in our AIX server.

i am calling the shell script cmd_scp as

sh -c 'cmd_scp | telnet'

Could you please tell me how to login using ssh...

sam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In Telnet I can't type anything in password!

I Need Help with Telnet when I login to telnet I type in my Unix user name and then I push ENTER and I can't type anything in password. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Campkin@Hunt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet issue

Hi , i am a beginner in AIX. please find my doubt I am calling the below script named test_1 by " sh test_1 | telnet " cmd1="var1=100" echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd sleep 1 echo $cmd1 sleep 5 echo $var1 sleep 5 echo exit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: SCP issue

Hi , I am beginner in aix... i am using the following command in my shell script to to copy the files from a secured server to my aix box... /usr/local/bin/scp pickme@brad.wanted.com:../internal/mem_grp_details* Should i use sleep command in my shell script for the script to copy the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet usename and password

I am creating a spec file for RPM and I have a shell script that I am working on. The ojective to to telnet to a server, switch to the appropriate directory, run another shell script and then exit once the script is completed. telnet <ipaddress> echo <user> echo <pass> echo cd <directory>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different root password between ftp and telnet

Hello All, I hope somebody can help me I used to work to client using solaris 2.5.1 using telnet to explore disk and ftp to archive data. There is one tester which I can connect using root password using putty but always keep rejecting me when i'm using root password using FTP. Are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sawrio
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg accepting password

Hi, I want to login to many systems and password should be taken automatically from a file(login is working but password is not accepting). Any help on this is appreciable . My code. for i in `cat /tmp/tes ` ====>tes file contain list of hosts > do ssh $i > perl prog.pl >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet issue

In the below script, i want to check telnet port status of list of servers, here where ever port working i am getting output. where ever port is not working (where ever trying) there it's command stuck, there it's needed manual interruption like ctrl+c. without interception i want run this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajiv
1 Replies
telnetd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							telnetd(8)

NAME
telnetd - The DARPA telnet protocol server SYNOPSIS
telnetd [-debug [port]] [-D modifier ...] FLAGS
Starts telnetd manually, rather than through inetd, on alternate TCP port number port (if specified). Prints out debugging information. modifiers are: Prints information about negotiation of telnet options Same as options with additional processing information Displays the data stream received by telnetd Displays data written to the pty Not yet implemented DESCRIPTION
The telnetd daemon is a server that supports the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) standard telnet virtual terminal proto- col. telnetd is invoked by the Internet server (see inetd(8)) normally for requests to connect to the telnet port as indicated by the /etc/services file (see services(4)). The -debug flag may be used, to start up telnetd manually. If started up this way, port may be specified to run telnetd on an alternate TCP port number. The -D options may be used for debugging purposes. This allows telnetd to print out debugging information to the connection, allowing the user to see what telnetd is doing. The telnetd daemon operates by allocating a pseudoterminal device (see pty(7)) for a client, then creating a login process that has the slave side of the pseudoterminal as stdin, stdout, and stderr. telnetd manipulates the master side of the pseudo-terminal, implementing the telnet protocol and passing characters between the remote client and the login process. When a telnet session is started up, telnetd sends telnet options to the client side, indicating a willingness to do remote echo of charac- ters, to suppress go ahead, to do remote flow control, and to receive terminal type information, terminal speed information, and window size information from the remote client. If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal type is propagated in the environment of the created login process. The pseudoterminal allocated to the client is configured to operate in cooked mode, and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled (see tty(7)). The telnetd daemon is willing to do: echo, binary, suppress go ahead, and timing mark. telnetd is willing to have the remote client do: line mode, binary, terminal type, terminal speed, window size, toggle flow control, environment, X display location, and suppress go ahead. The telnetd daemon never sends telnet go ahead commands. Note that binary mode has no common interpretation except between similar operating systems (Unix compatible systems in this case). Note also that the terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lowercase. The telnet command uses the default Type-of-Service value recommended by RFC1060, which is as follows: Low delay You can configure this value by specifying it in the /etc/iptos file. For more information, see iptos(4). By default, the telnetd daemon starts the login dialog using the login string specified in the message field of the /etc/gettydefs file. If you want to use a customized banner, create an /etc/issue.net or /etc/issue file. The telnetd daemon reads the file that exists and writes its contents over a new telnet connection prior to starting the login dialog. If both files exist, only the /etc/issue.net file is used. CAUTIONS
Some telnet commands are only partially implemented. Because of bugs in the original 4.2BSD telnet(1), telnetd performs some dubious protocol exchanges to try to discover if the remote client is, in fact, a 4.2BSD telnet(1). FILES
Specifies the command path. Specifies the path name for the network issue identification file. Specifies the path name for the issue identification file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). Files: iptos(4), issue(4), issue.net(4). delim off telnetd(8)