Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg : telnet password issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg : telnet password issue Post 302147680 by sam99 on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 03:53:58 AM
Old 11-28-2007
i am using telnet to login to a server as user trysrc.
Only trysrc has the permission to run the command scp in our AIX server.

i am calling the shell script cmd_scp as

sh -c 'cmd_scp | telnet'

Could you please tell me how to login using ssh...

sam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In Telnet I can't type anything in password!

I Need Help with Telnet when I login to telnet I type in my Unix user name and then I push ENTER and I can't type anything in password. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Campkin@Hunt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet issue

Hi , i am a beginner in AIX. please find my doubt I am calling the below script named test_1 by " sh test_1 | telnet " cmd1="var1=100" echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd sleep 1 echo $cmd1 sleep 5 echo $var1 sleep 5 echo exit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: SCP issue

Hi , I am beginner in aix... i am using the following command in my shell script to to copy the files from a secured server to my aix box... /usr/local/bin/scp pickme@brad.wanted.com:../internal/mem_grp_details* Should i use sleep command in my shell script for the script to copy the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet usename and password

I am creating a spec file for RPM and I have a shell script that I am working on. The ojective to to telnet to a server, switch to the appropriate directory, run another shell script and then exit once the script is completed. telnet <ipaddress> echo <user> echo <pass> echo cd <directory>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different root password between ftp and telnet

Hello All, I hope somebody can help me I used to work to client using solaris 2.5.1 using telnet to explore disk and ftp to archive data. There is one tester which I can connect using root password using putty but always keep rejecting me when i'm using root password using FTP. Are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sawrio
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg accepting password

Hi, I want to login to many systems and password should be taken automatically from a file(login is working but password is not accepting). Any help on this is appreciable . My code. for i in `cat /tmp/tes ` ====>tes file contain list of hosts > do ssh $i > perl prog.pl >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet issue

In the below script, i want to check telnet port status of list of servers, here where ever port working i am getting output. where ever port is not working (where ever trying) there it's command stuck, there it's needed manual interruption like ctrl+c. without interception i want run this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajiv
1 Replies
MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)						  [FIXME: manual]					       MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)

NAME
mldonkey_command - a wrapper to send command to a mlnet server. SYNOPSIS
mldonkey_command [-P port] [-h host] [-u user] [-p password] [-q] [-s] [-v] {"mlnet command"...} DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mldonkey_command command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program is Debian GNU/Linux specific. This program allow you to send command to a mlnet instance. The idea is to provide a simple script to do batch job with mlnet OPTIONS
-P Port of the telnet mldonkey server. By default 4000 -h Host of the telnet mldonkey server. By default localhost -u Username to use while connecting. By default admin -p Password to use while connecting. If none is specified, ask it on stdin -q Run without displaying command result -s Use stdin to enter command -v Display login information "mlnet commands" Any commands you can type in a telnet session connected to mlnet. Try "mldonkey_command longhelp" to see a complete listing. LICENSE
This manual page was originally written by Sylvain Le Gall gildor@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; considering as source code all the file that enable the production of this manpage. SEE ALSO
mlnet (1) AUTHORS
Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> Author. Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Sylvain Le Gall Copyright (C) 2009 Mehdi Dogguy [FIXME: source] Mar 14, 2009 MLDONKEY_COMMAND(1)