Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I extract text only from html file without HTML tag Post 302147658 by ali560045 on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 02:14:32 AM
Old 11-28-2007
same problem

i have a script in ksh called file1

#!/bin/ksh

cat my.html

---------------------------
and a html file hy.html

can u tell me that if i execute "file1" script it will open hy.html bt here it is showing the all the tags along with text.........

it should open the browser part only.......

plz help,any command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse HTML tag parameters and text

Hi! I have a bunch of HTML files, which I want to parse to CSV files. Every page has a table in it, and I need to parse each row into a csv record. With awk and sed, I managed to put every table row in separate lines. So my file looks like this: <TR> .... </TR> <TR> .... </TR> ...One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senszey
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing HTML, get text between 2 HTML tags

Hi there, I'm quite new to the forum and shell scripting. I want to filter out the "166.0 points". The results, that i found in google / the forum search didn't helped me :( <a href="/user/test" class="headitem menu" style="color:rgb(83,186,224);">test</a><a href="/points" class="headitem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mysthik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the html tag first and last line the file

Hi, i have 30 html files and i want to add the html tag first (<html>) and end of the line </html> tag..How to do it in script. Thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a html tag and print the entire tag

I want to print from <fruits> to </fruits> tag which have <fruit> as mango. Also i want both <fruits> and </fruits> in output. Please help eg. <fruits> <fruit id="111">mango<fruit> . another 20 lines . </fruits> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashik409
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract table from an HTML file

I want to extract a table from an HTML file. the table starts with <table class="tableinfo" and ends with next closing table tag </table> how can I do this with awk/sed... ---------- Post updated at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:28 PM ---------- also I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koutroul
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from html using perl or awk

I am trying to extract text after keywords fron an html file. The keywords are reportLink":, "barcodedSamples": {", "barcodedSamples": {". Both the perl and awk run but the output is just the entire index.html not the desired output. Also for the reportLink": only the text after the second / until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links(3pm)

NAME
HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links - concise link rewriting SYNOPSIS
# up for some HTML::ResolveLink? $html = HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links->rewrite($html, "http://search.cpan.org"); # or perhaps HTML::LinkExtor? HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links->rewrite($html, sub { my ($tag, $attr, $value) = @_; push @links, $value; $value; }); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links" is a special case of HTML::RewriteAttributes for rewriting links. See HTML::ResolveLink and HTML::LinkExtor for examples of what you can do with this. METHODS
"new" You don't need to call "new" explicitly - it's done in "rewrite". It takes no arguments. "rewrite" HTML, (callback|base)[, args] -> HTML See the documentation of HTML::RewriteAttributes. Instead of a callback, you may pass a string. This will mimic the behavior of HTML::ResolveLink -- relative links will be rewritten using the given string as a base URL. SEE ALSO
HTML::RewriteAttributes, HTML::Parser, HTML::ResolveLink, HTML::LinkExtor AUTHOR
Shawn M Moore, "<sartak@bestpractical.com>" LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-11-18 HTML::RewriteAttributes::Links(3pm)