Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to connect to sybase from Unix(AIX) Post 302147584 by sachin.gangadha on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 06:48:22 PM
Old 11-27-2007
how to connect to sybase from Unix(AIX)

I have a script given below so can anyone explain me what it does?

echo "use $DSQUERY\n
go\n
insert into ff.SmartCareLogin
(username, password, userrole, fullname)
values
('$1', '$1', '$2', '$3')
go"|isql -Uff -P

what is the use of $DSQUERY and go.

When i am firiing isql command from aix server it gives me this error "Cannot access the sybase home directory, please check environment variable SYBASE or ~sybase

An error occurred when attempting to allocate localization-related structures”

What should i do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script.

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Remote Sybase database Server through shell script. I am operating on WindowsXP, connect to Unix(version SunOS: 5.8) The thing is i dont know how to connect to Sybase Server through my script file? Are there any manual pages which can guide me through the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Remote Sybase database Server through shell script. I am operating on WindowsXP, connect to Unix(version SunOS: 5.8) The thing is i dont know how to connect to Sybase Server through my script file? Are there any manual pages which can guide me through the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Connect From VB to Sybase 11

Dear All I have a problem that I can't connect from VB to Sybase 11. Could you help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Than Chanroeun
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to connect to sybase database?

hi, I'd like to connect to a Sybase ASE 12 through a a graphic user interface (GUI) that run on windows and solaris10, because i need to do some querys. The database is running on solaris 10. I'm not an expert using databases, but i know how to use some SQL commands through command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Sybase connectivity via UNIX

Helo Experts, I have an issue in connecting to sybase from UNIX. PFB, my code : #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # # Filename: docflo_split.sh # # Description:docflo_split.sh WrapperScript splits the temporary file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nits
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase connectivity in Linux/UNIX

Hi, i am to linux/unix,i am using AIX 5.3. i want to connect sybase database through shell script, when i used "isql", it throws error "isql not found", Do i need to install/configure anything, if yes please tell me how kindly help me on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatraman
4 Replies
SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)											     SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)

sybase_set_message_handler - Sets the handler called when a server message is raised

SYNOPSIS
bool sybase_set_message_handler (callable $handler, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
sybase_set_message_handler(3) sets a user function to handle messages generated by the server. You may specify the name of a global func- tion, or use an array to specify an object reference and a method name. PARAMETERS
o $handler - The handler expects five arguments in the following order: message number, severity, state, line number and description. The first four are integers. The last is a string. If the function returns FALSE, PHP generates an ordinary error message. o $link_identifier - If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback function <?php function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> Example #2 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback to a class <?php class Sybase { function handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } } $sybase= new Sybase(); sybase_set_message_handler(array($sybase, 'handler')); ?> Example #3 sybase_set_message_handler(3) unhandled messages <?php // Return FALSE from this function to indicate you can't handle // this. The error is printed out as a warning, the way you're used // to it if there is no handler installed. function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { if (257 == $msgnumber) { return false; } var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> NOTES
Note This function is only available when using the CT library interface to Sybase, and not with the DB library. PHP Documentation Group SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)