Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: missing disk
Operating Systems HP-UX missing disk Post 302147566 by jpetrecca on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 03:44:15 PM
Old 11-27-2007
STOP-A makes me cringe

run "ioscan -fnC disk" command and see if the system sees the physical drive. If it is set up properly you should see the drive information displayed

Also, was the physical volume ever made active with "pvcreate"?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk drive space gone missing...

Sorry if this is totally the wrong place to post this but I have a question or something rather thats bugging me. I got a new Dell Inspiron laptop the other day and I was expecting it to have 80G on it, well atleast 70 or so after installation of OS and such but after looking carefully yesterday, I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ecclesiastes
8 Replies

2. AIX

missing disk

Hi I am getting this output # lsvg -p tempvg tempvg: PV_NAME PV STATE TOTAL PPs FREE PPs FREE DISTRIBUTION hdiskpower1 active 816 0 00..00..00..00..00 hdiskpower2 active 816 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS disk label missing

I 'm having problem in importing a zfs pool was getting error device missing and upon further digging found that labels on my disk for zpool are missing Does anyone know how to recover from it ? root@essapl020-u006 # zdb -l /dev/dsk/emcpower0c --------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk space missing under SVM

Hi Gurus, I've got an issue here: (1) Hardware: Sun NetraT1, (2) OS: Solaris 10, (3) SVM metastat shows /var having 12 GB. df shows /var having 4 GB. Real space for /var is about 4 GB since I can't move a big file to it. How is 8 GB space missing? Does /var/run swap need to account? Can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Solaris

hard disk broken, relocate user's home dir. All setting missing

Hi, guys I am a super newbie in solaris admin.... Now I got a problem. Due to the broken of one of Raid system, some user home directory is missing. Someone advises me to relocate the home directory on the new drive. I have googled and have tried " usermode -d " command. But I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_dw
3 Replies

6. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
installboot(1M)                                                                                                                    installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)