Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help need in Shell Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help need in Shell Scripting Post 302147475 by raghav1982 on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 06:37:54 AM
Old 11-27-2007
Bug

Hi , not started the code

autorep -j e% -q will display all the jobs in the database

i am redirecting it to an output file

autorep -j e% -q > data1.txt

i have another parameter file b.txt
qqqq
aaaa

once i execute the shell it has to collect all the information using autorep command , and then read from the parameter file b.txt and my final output should have all info other than the names which are mentioned in b.txt

can i get any sample code how to proceed on this
Thankyou!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
XCOLORS(1)						      General Commands Manual							XCOLORS(1)

NAME
xcolors - display all X11 color names and colors SYNOPSIS
xcolors [ -start color ] [ -near color ] [ -distance howfar ] DESCRIPTION
xcolors reads the rgb.txt file that defines the color names the X server knows and displays the colors found. At the top of the window is a sample region containing text. By clicking on the color names, the color of the sample text can be changed. Mouse button 1 changes the foreground; button 2 changes the background. The text can also be edited. Typing ``q'' exits the program. OPTIONS
In addition the the usual X Toolkit options, xcolors understands these command line options: -start name specify a color name to start with; colors before this one in the rgb.txt file are skipped. This option is useful if there are more colors than will fit on your screen or in your colormap. -rgbfile filename specify an alternate color database file to read. -near nearcolor only show colors near this one in the RGB space. All colors within a sphere in the RGB-space centered on nearcolor are displayed. -distance howfar defines how close colors have to be to nearcolor to be displayed. This option sets the radius of the sphere used by the -near option. The scale is such that the RGB cube is 256 units on a side. The default is 64. ACTIONS
set-foreground([color]) Set the foreground color of the sample region. If no color is provided, the color is taken from the border color of the widget where the action occurred. set-background([color]) Same as set-foreground() but sets the background color. quit() Exit xcolors. RESOURCES
Xcolors has a few top-level application resources that allow customizations that are specific to xcolors. startColor (classStartColor) See the -start option. rgbFile (classRgbFile) See the -rgbfile option. nearColor (classNearColor) See the -near option. nearDistance (classNearDistance) See the -distance option. WIDGET HIERARCHY
Knowing the name and position in the hierarchy of each widget is useful when specifying resources for them. In the chart below, the class and name of each widget is given. Xcolors xcolors Paned panes AsciiText sample Viewport viewport Box colors Label colorname Label colorname . . . FILES
/etc/X11/rgb.txt X color names and values. BUGS
Assumes that all names for the same color are consecutive in the rgb.txt file. Because xcolors cannot read the server's color name database, the color names it uses may not match those in the server. This is most likely to happen if xcolors is run from a remote host. The program would be faster if it used gadgets instead of widgets for the color spots. AUTHOR
Stephen Gildea, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 3 October 1991 XCOLORS(1)