Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: optimize the script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting optimize the script Post 302147300 by amitrajvarma on Monday 26th of November 2007 09:18:56 AM
Old 11-26-2007
RE:optimize the script

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmadhan
I suppose the mail id you had provided in the mailx command is a valid email id.

Please do not post your email Ids, sample ids like abc@xyz.com would do.

Moderators : Please remove the email ID Smilie
-----

Can u help me with this script

Thx

Amit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we optimize this simple script ?

Hi All , I am just a new bie in Unix/Linux . With help of tips from 'here and there' , I just created a simple script to 1. declare one array and some global variables 2. read the schema names from user (user input) and want2proceed flag 3. if user want to proceed , keep reading user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize shell script (snapshots)

I've a script to do some snapshots but the time it does so is very different... once i got a snapshot under 1 sec, on the other hand it took 3 sec, but nothing else changed, i didnt even move the cursor or something. I put the script on a ramdisk and its faster, but still swing from under 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcW
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize and Speedup the script

Hi All, There is a script (test.sh) which is taking more CPU usage. I am attaching the script in this thread. Could anybody please help me out to optimize the script in a better way. Thanks, Gobinath (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to optimize script running time

Dear Forum experts I have the below script which I made to run under bash shell, it runs perfectly for low records number, let us say like 100000. when I put all records (3,000,000), it's takes hours can you please suggest anything to optimize or to run in different way :-| {OFS="|";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone please help me optimize my code (script searches subdirectories)?

Here is my code. What it does is it reads an input file (input.txt which contains roughly 2,000 search phrases) and searches a directory for files that contains the search phrase. The directory contains roughly 1900 files and 84 subdirectories. The output is a file (output.txt) that shows only the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
23 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize if block : shell script

Hi, I need a shell script to determine if a no. is either even, greater than 4, less than 8 SHELL : ksh OS : RHEL 6 this is the if block of the script mod=`expr $num % 2` if || || then echo "No. is either even or greater than 4 or less than 8" fi this code works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete unique rows - optimize script

Hi all, I have the following input - the unique row key is 1st column cat file.txt A response C request C response D request C request C response E request The desired output should be C request (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize my mv script

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a quicker way of doing this. Here is my mv script. d=/conversion/program/out cd $d ls $d > /home/tempuser/$$tmp while read line ; do a=`echo $line|cut -c1-5|sed "s/_//g"` b=`echo $line|cut -c16-21` if ;then mkdir... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize shell script to run faster

data.file: contact { contact_name=royce-rolls modified_attributes=0 modified_host_attributes=0 modified_service_attributes=0 host_notification_period=24x7 service_notification_period=24x7 last_host_notification=0 last_service_notification=0 host_notifications_enabled=1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Optimize the Script Further

Hi All, I have written a new script to check for DB space and size of dump log file before it can be imported into a Oracle DB. I'm relatively new to shell scripting. Please help me optimize this script further. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)