Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex sed replacement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex sed replacement Post 302147279 by radoulov on Monday 26th of November 2007 06:44:44 AM
Old 11-26-2007
Hm, check this (if it doesn't work,
post a sample from the real data):

Code:
nawk 'f{sub(/65536/,v);f=0}/alter/{f=1}1' v=524288 filename

It seams you're trying to alter the storage of certain types of objects,
perhaps dbms_metadata get_ddl and set_transform_param + a bit of custom sql
will be more appropriate.

Or better, consider using LMT with system managed extents (autoallocate) and forget about storage parameters Smilie

Last edited by radoulov; 11-26-2007 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: modified

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement error

Hi ,"environment":"accent-release","build":"ac-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele","tags":"" above is the config file, where in i want to replace value after build inside the double quotes... that value i'll be passing as parameter for example if m passing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacement inplace

I need to make permanent changes in the file after find and replace using sed. for this i am using sed -i However this is not working. says sed: illegal option -- i I am working on Sun Solaris uname -a SunOS aspsun14 5.10 Generic_150400-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise any other work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text replacement

Hello, I'm using Bash and Sed to replace text within a text file (1.txt) twice in one script. Using a for loop I'm initially replacing any 'apple' words with the variable 'word1' ("leg). I'm then using another for loop to replace any 'apple' words with the variable 'word2' ("arm"). This task is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flip-Flop
2 Replies
Tangram::Type::Dump(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Tangram::Type::Dump(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type::Dump - Handy functions for Pixie-like dumping of data SYNOPSIS
use Tangram::Type::Dump qw(flatten unflatten UNflatten nuke); use YAML qw(freeze thaw); # for instance my $frozen = freeze flatten($storage, $structure); # optional - remove circular references from flattened # structure so that it is freed up properly. nuke $frozen; # save frozen somewhere... # restore, but don't load objects straight away my $reconstituted = unflatten($storage, thaw $frozen); # restore, loading objects immediately my $original = UNflatten($storage, $frozen); # Alternative, quickly marshall a structure for saving my $structure; flatten($storage, $structure); # ... do something with it ... # restore to former glory; note that Tangram's cache will # prevent unnecessary DB access. unflatten($storage, $structure); DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions for traversing data structures which are not Tangram-registered objects, and replacing all the Tangram objects found with `Mementos'. When a similar data structure is fed back into the reversal function, the mementos are filled with on-demand references to the real objects. All these functions operate in place for maximum efficiency. FUNCTIONS
flatten($storage, $structure) Traverses the structure $structure, and replaces all the known (ie, already inserted) Tangram objects with references to them unflatten($storage, $structure) Performs the logical opposite of flatten, but only insofar as a `normal' user is concerned. `Normal' users, of course, don't care that the data structure is being loaded from the database as they use it :). BUGS
Should this module just be an extension to Tangram::Storage ? AUTHOR
Sam Vilain, samv@cpan.org. All rights reserved. This code is free software; you can use and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type::Dump(3pm)