Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to supress a UI popup at the time of Service start up in solaris-10 Post 302147058 by krevathi1912 on Saturday 24th of November 2007 07:55:58 AM
Old 11-24-2007
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
The DISPLAY environment variable tells any program which is the current screen to use. If it has no DISPLAY it shouldn't start guessing.

Where this DISPLAY set will be available.
How to remove the it............
Can u explain me bit brief. Please.....................

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Create popup in solaris

Does anyone know how to create a popup window in solaris 8 and later? I want to create and load a popup window when a user logon to a solaris machine and inform the user about some environment changes we have done. Can this easily be done? And if soo how? /Tony (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

4. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine?

Hi all, How to auto start a snmpd deamon on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine. snmpd's path: /opt/download/net-snmp/sbin Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem while having time popup from inline calender

I have CGI Perl script that contains date column and date popup will be displayed from inline calender. I had a html script for the same and converted the same to CGI script. html page worked fine but no luck with CGI script. Could anyone please look into the below script and let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to start cron service in Solaris 10

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86. I am not able to start cron service, configured in FMRI. It is in maintenance and when I clear it, it seems like calling and failing on /etc/init.d/tcs-rtm script. I am not able to figure out, why cron is calling that script, if this failure is because of that. Cron... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
5 Replies
smf_security(5) 					Standards, Environments, and Macros					   smf_security(5)

NAME
smf_security - service management facility security behavior DESCRIPTION
The configuration subsystem for the service management facility, smf(5), requires privilege to modify the configuration of a service. Priv- ileges are granted to a user by associating the authorizations described below to the user through user_attr(4) and prof_attr(4). See rbac(5). The following authorization is used to manipulate services and service instances. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property Group Authorizations The smf(5) configuration subsystem associates properties with each service and service instance. Related properties are grouped. Groups may represent an execution method, credential information, application data, or restarter state. The ability to create or modify property groups can cause smf(5) components to perform actions that may require operating system privilege. Accordingly, the framework requires appropriate authorization to manipulate property groups. Each property group has a type corresponding to its purpose. The core property group types are method, dependency, application, and frame- work. Additional property group types can be introduced, provided they conform to the extended naming convention in smf(5). The following basic authorizations, however, apply only to the core property group types: solaris.smf.modify.method Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type method. solaris.smf.modify.dependency Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type dependency. solaris.smf.modify.application Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type application. solaris.smf.modify.framework Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type framework. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property group-specific authorization can be specified by properties contained in the property group. modify_authorization Authorizations allow the addition, deletion, or modification of properties within the property group. value_authorization Authorizations allow changing the values of any property of the property group except modify_authorization. The above authorization properties are only used if they have type astring. If an instance property group does not have one of the proper- ties, but the instance's service has a property group of the same name with the property, its values are used. Service Action Authorization Certain actions on service instances may result in service interruption or deactivation. These actions require an authorization to ensure that any denial of service is a deliberate administrative action. Such actions include a request for execution of the refresh or restart methods, or placement of a service instance in the maintenance or other non-operational state. The following authorization allows such actions to be requested: solaris.smf.manage Authorized to request restart, refresh, or other state modification of any service instance. In addition, the general/action_authorization property can specify additional authorizations that permit service actions to be requested for that service instance. The solaris.smf.manage authorization is required to modify this property. Defined Rights Profiles Two rights profiles are included that offer grouped authorizations for manipulating typical smf(5) operations. Service Management A service manager can manipulate any service in the repository in any way. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify authorizations. The service management profile is the minimum required to use the pkgadd(1M) or pkgrm(1M) commands to add or remove software packages that contain an inventory of services in its service manifest. Service Operator A service operator has the ability to enable or disable any service instance on the system, as well as request that its restart or refresh method be executed. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify.framework authorizations. Sites can define additional rights profiles customized to their needs. Remote Repository Modification Remote repository servers may deny modification attempts due to additional privilege checks. See NOTES. SEE ALSO
auths(1), profiles(1), pkgadd(1M), pkgrm(1M), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), rbac(5), smf(5) NOTES
The present version of smf(5) does not support remote repositories. SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 04 smf_security(5)