Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to supress a UI popup at the time of Service start up in solaris-10 Post 302147057 by porter on Saturday 24th of November 2007 06:25:03 AM
Old 11-24-2007
The DISPLAY environment variable tells any program which is the current screen to use. If it has no DISPLAY it shouldn't start guessing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Create popup in solaris

Does anyone know how to create a popup window in solaris 8 and later? I want to create and load a popup window when a user logon to a solaris machine and inform the user about some environment changes we have done. Can this easily be done? And if soo how? /Tony (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

4. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine?

Hi all, How to auto start a snmpd deamon on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine. snmpd's path: /opt/download/net-snmp/sbin Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem while having time popup from inline calender

I have CGI Perl script that contains date column and date popup will be displayed from inline calender. I had a html script for the same and converted the same to CGI script. html page worked fine but no luck with CGI script. Could anyone please look into the below script and let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to start cron service in Solaris 10

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86. I am not able to start cron service, configured in FMRI. It is in maintenance and when I clear it, it seems like calling and failing on /etc/init.d/tcs-rtm script. I am not able to figure out, why cron is calling that script, if this failure is because of that. Cron... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
5 Replies
PAM_ENV.CONF(5) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_ENV.CONF(5)

NAME
pam_env.conf - the environment variables config file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/security/pam_env.conf file specifies the environment variables to be set, unset or modified by pam_env(8). When someone logs in, this file is read and the environment variables are set according. Each line starts with the variable name, there are then two possible options for each variable DEFAULT and OVERRIDE. DEFAULT allows and administrator to set the value of the variable to some default value, if none is supplied then the empty string is assumed. The OVERRIDE option tells pam_env that it should enter in its value (overriding the default value) if there is one to use. OVERRIDE is not used, "" is assumed and no override will be done. VARIABLE [DEFAULT=[value]] [OVERRIDE=[value]] (Possibly non-existent) environment variables may be used in values using the ${string} syntax and (possibly non-existent) PAM_ITEMs may be used in values using the @{string} syntax. Both the $ and @ characters can be backslash escaped to be used as literal values values can be delimited with "", escaped " not supported. Note that many environment variables that you would like to use may not be set by the time the module is called. For example, HOME is used below several times, but many PAM applications don't make it available by the time you need it. The "#" character at start of line (no space at front) can be used to mark this line as a comment line. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines which might be specified in /etc/security/pam_env.conf. Set the REMOTEHOST variable for any hosts that are remote, default to "localhost" rather than not being set at all REMOTEHOST DEFAULT=localhost OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RHOST} Set the DISPLAY variable if it seems reasonable DISPLAY DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}:0.0 OVERRIDE=${DISPLAY} Now some simple variables PAGER DEFAULT=less MANPAGER DEFAULT=less LESS DEFAULT="M q e h15 z23 b80" NNTPSERVER DEFAULT=localhost PATH DEFAULT=${HOME}/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin :/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin/X11:/usr/bin/X11 Silly examples of escaped variables, just to show how they work. DOLLAR DEFAULT=$ DOLLARDOLLAR DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=$${DOLLAR} DOLLARPLUS DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}${REMOTEHOST} ATSIGN DEFAULT="" OVERRIDE=@ SEE ALSO
pam_env(8), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <kinch@kinch.ark.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_ENV.CONF(5)