Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail header obscuring
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sendmail header obscuring Post 302147015 by neutrino on Friday 23rd of November 2007 01:25:40 PM
Old 11-23-2007
Question sendmail header obscuring

hello,

I have lots of mail clients, with private IPs, sending mail through our mail server. In the header of each mail outgoing I can find something like

Received: from [127.0.0.1] ([192.168.0.9])
by linux-virtua1.localhost (8.13.8/8.13.8/SuSE Linux 0.8)

question is: is there any way to avoid the private IPs to appear in the header? I would like to substitute (or simply drop) any reference to my internal network structure.
Deleting HReceived in sendmail.cf doesn't work, because it deletes (better said: it does not write) the Received line also with inbound messages.

Thanks for your time.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recieved: Header help for sendmail

I have a mailing list that I am working with, I maintain, and host my own server. That includes the smtp server using sendmail. I'm running php, and apache. My problem is that my base of subscribers, are from a university as the list is for an organization within the university. That university... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkf45144
0 Replies

2. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing email header information by tweaking sendmail

How can i tweak sendmail configuration files so that the "Received:" field is removed from email header information? Or else can i change Received: (from enswitch@localhost) in email header to something likeReceived: (from xyz@localhost)? ---------- Post updated at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header"

Hi, I am using following code to send an e-mail with attachment and body. echo "To: user1@mail.com,user2@mail.com" > mail.tmp echo "Cc: user3@mail.com,user4@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "From: group@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "Subject: my report" >> mail.tmp echo "please see as attached"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. AIX

Sendmail on AIX adding header rewrite

Hi, I have been having issues with sendmail service on the AIX server recently with header rewrite on few random email generated from the scripts or programs. I'm not sure what is causing as rest of the emails from the sever is generating correctly? AIX Server --> GATEWAY SERVER(Serv2smtp)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: musu1982
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt/compile/obscuring scripts

It seems that the Francisco Rosales home page has gone off-line. Is there another source for this? I have found it very useful, but others may also find good use for it - and of course, in turbulent times, I may find myself in a new job too, where I'd like to use it again I'm sure. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Obscuring Technique

Hi, We have a unix shell script which tries login to database. The user name and password to connect to database is stored in a file connection.sql. Now connection.sql has contents def ora_user =&1 CONNECT A_PROXY/abc123@DEV01 When on UNIX server we connect to database and set spool on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with header and footer logo in HTML body

Hello, I need help with my script that will send email via sendmail command that will shows both the header and footer logo once the recepient receive the email (e.g. MS Outlook). When I tested to ran the script it will successfully send the email BUT UNFORTUNATELY it doesn't displayed the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawrence88
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
Email::Received(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Received(3pm)

NAME
Email::Received - Parse an email Received: header SYNOPSIS
use Email::Received; for ($mail->header("Received")) { my $data = parse_received($_); return "SPAM" if rbl_lookup($data->{ip}); } DESCRIPTION
This module is a Perl Email Project rewrite of SpamAssassin's email header parser. We did this so that the great work they did in analysing pretty much every possible Received header format could be used in applications other than SpamAssassin itself. The module provides one function, "parse_received", which takes a single Received line. It then produces either nothing, if the line is unparsable, a hash reference like this: { reason => "gateway noise" } if the line should be ignored for some good reason, and one like this: { ip => '64.12.136.4', id => '875522', by => 'xxx.com', helo => 'imo-m01.mx.aol.com' } if it parsed the message. Possible keys are: ip rdns helo ident envfrom auth by id RULE FORMAT
Where SpamAssassin used a big static subroutine full of regular expressions to parse the data, we build up a big subroutine full of regular expressions dynamically from a set of rules. The rules are stored at the bottom of this module. The basic format for a rule looks like this: ((var=~)?/REGEXP/)? [ACTION; ]+ The "ACTION" is either "SET variable = $value", "IGNORE "reason"?", "UNPARSABLE" or "DONE". One control structure is provided, which is basically an "if" statement: GIVEN (NOT)? /REGEXP/ { ACTION+ } EXPORT parse_received SEE ALSO
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Metadata::Received, from which the rules and some of the IP address matching constants were blatantly stolen. Thanks, guys, for doing such a comprehensive job! AUTHOR
simon, <simon@> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by simon This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2006-03-24 Email::Received(3pm)