Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: search whole line using grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search whole line using grep Post 302146927 by useless79 on Friday 23rd of November 2007 04:05:50 AM
Old 11-23-2007
search whole line using grep

hi,

how to search whole line using grep in a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Line search using grep

Hi All, I am trying to search multiple lines in file using grep /sed.And i cant seem to make it work. The File looks like this 5012001,100,AUTOBATCH,FEE,DAILYFEE,0,0 4241 SERVICE DENIED 5012002,100,AUTOBATCH,FEE,DAILYFEE,0,0 4241 SERVICE DENIED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep line pattern search

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get a list of all files containing a line of this type: };#followed by anything with any spaces (0 or more or 0 or more tabs) before the } and between each of the characters. I have been trying this : grep '*}*;*#*' *.c but I have not been fully... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep question: stop search from finding entire line

Sorry for the title, I really don't know how to word this question or what to even search for. I tried "grep one match", "grep 1 match", "stop grep" on both google and here and haven't found something that helps, so here I go: I have a file that's about 1.5 million lines long, every line looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmoakler
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying the Second Line of the Grep Search Results

Hi I really hope someone can help with the below question. Lets say that I have a file called output.txt and I want to display all of the lines which contain the word ‘disconnect'. I know that this can easily be obtained by using the following command: grep -i disconnect output.txt However,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Sid
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - search after line containing "unavailable"

Hi everybody; I have a file status.txt: Following 163 ports are up: ----------------------------------------------------- MOD PORT PORTNAMES ABCDEFG1 ABCDEFG2 STA TYPE 1 Prt122 port323-1/2/3 11111 11111 1111 A 1 Prt126 port328-1/2/3 11111 11111 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String: Grep / SED for multy line search

Hi, At first I want to please you to provide the solution with grep/sed if possible. :cool: File looks like: wished result: so I want in a new file BLUE@@RED string from first line like: grep "/folder_start" cs_src > tmp1 string from second line: grep "/main" cs_src... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of words in line, while loop, search and grep

Hello, What I wish to attain is: - to read fileA line by line - search entire line as string in fileB - when found, grep the next line in fileB - then merge "searched line" and "found line" in a new file, fileC Here is my fileA: T S Eliot J L Borges L Aragon L L Aragon T S Eliot 4 0... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
17 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)