Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to run xclock
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to run xclock Post 302146689 by panchpan on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 09:52:53 PM
Old 11-21-2007
Unable to reboot from remote

Hello - From remote I typed reboot as root , it did not come up. Yesterday night , one person also did hard reboot... no one is available at the moment near server. But I am still not able to connect from remote. Looks like server is still down. I also have iLO of same server.

Please suggest - IF I could do something now?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. AIX

user unable to run at job

Aix version is 5.2. users are not able to run only at jobs. users are listed in at.allow file. Getting following Errors: at -l at: 0481-108 You are not authorized to use the at command. atq 0481-067 Cannot change to the /var/spool/cron/atjobs directory. at 24:10:00 pwd at:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
5 Replies

4. AIX

unable to run at job

Hi All, I m not able to run at job with normal user on AIX system os version is 5300-05-06. I am able to run at job only with root user. When I try to run at job with any other user I am getting error: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. I checked at.deny file, it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkatkade
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to run some commands in HP-UX

Hi All, I want to get %cpu and %memory utilization for a given process id in HP-UX so am using the following commands 1)TOP -p <PID> am getting error message like Quitting top: pset 26323 doesn't exist,but when am using only TOP command without any options its working fine. 2)ps -e -o pcpu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramya_Nm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run function

Hi, I have a separate file with a ksh function in it. When I try to run it, I get an error about permissions: user@~/scripts/functions$ ksh f_fill_testfunc ksh: f_fill_testfunc: cannot open user@~/scripts/functions$ ls -l batch_functions/f_fill_testfunc -rwxr-xr-x 1 user user 1105 Aug... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Programming

Unable to run java in redhat os

I am unable to run java from jdk. it says "cannot execute binary file" I downloaded the jdk again freshly but the problem still persists. All files have execution permission. Both OS and JDK are 64bit. Please help me out. $ pwd /home/XXXXX/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/jdk1.5.0_14/bin $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsriharsha
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to show xclock in UNIX for windows

i had tried to run the xclock after i login into my HP UX machine using the C shell in the Services for Unix (Windows) but the xclock does not pop up. Do anyone has the same issue? Do i need to install some X windows package as well? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
1 Replies
BOS_EXEC(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_EXEC(8)

NAME
bos_exec - Executes a command on a remote server machine SYNOPSIS
bos exec -server <machine name> -cmd <command to execute> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos e -s <machine name> -cm <command to execute> [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos exec command executes the indicated command on the file server machine named by the -server argument. Its intended use is to reboot the machine, using the /sbin/reboot command or equivalent. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to execute the command. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully- qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -cmd <command to execute> Specifies the complete local disk pathname of the command to execute (for example, /sbin/reboot). Surround this argument with double quotes ("") if the command contains one or more spaces. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command reboots the machine "fs2.abc.com". The issuer has previously issued the bos shutdown command to shutdown all processes cleanly. % bos exec -server fs2.abc.com -cmd /sbin/shutdown -r now PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos exec command is not available on servers running in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
bos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_EXEC(8)