Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming using signals instead of busy wait Post 302146603 by mmipko on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 10:15:47 AM
Old 11-21-2007
It would be ok to share it with us Smilie

Mipko

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CD Drive is busy

one problem which seems simple but i've faced many times is when i've used cd & want to eject, however i'm not in /dev/cdrom/... in any of my Xterms but it gives the message that the the CD drive is busy. the only thing i could do is /etc/init.d/volmgt stop & eject the CD manually but it doesn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem mystery: disks are not busy on one machine, very busy on a similar box

Hi, We have a filesystem mystery on our hands. Given: 2 machines, A and Aa. Machine Aa is the problem machine. Machine A is running Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.22.9 #1 SMP Wed Feb 20 08:46:16 CST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux. Machine Aa is running RHEL5.3, kernel 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschwage
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies
exportfs(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      exportfs(1B)

NAME
exportfs - translates exportfs options to share/unshare commands SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/exportfs [-aiuv] [-o options] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
exportfs translates SunOS 4.x exportfs options to the corresponding share/unshare options and invokes share/unshare with the translated options. With no options or arguments, exportfs invokes share to print out the list of all currently shared NFS filesystems. exportfs is the BSD/Compatibility Package command of share(1M) and unshare(1M). Use share(1M)/ unshare(1M) whenever possible. OPTIONS
-a Invokes shareall(1M), or if -u is specified, invokes unshareall(1M). -i Ignore options in /etc/dfs/dfstab. -u Invokes unshare(1M) on pathname. -v Verbose. -o options Specify a comma-separated list of optional characteristics for the filesystems being exported. exportfs translates options to share-equivalent options. (see share(1M) for information about individual options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), unshareall(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2000 exportfs(1B)