Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting any possible solution on sql calling scripts Post 302146575 by Cameron on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 07:58:40 AM
Old 11-21-2007
It's highly likely that you didn't search the forums for 'sqlplus' .

Whilst this may not answer all your questions, it might put you on the right path.

How to check sqlplus command is successfull or not in HP UX?

Trying to perform SQL in the way you've shown is really hard to manage over time.

In future, make use of the search feature in these forums.
You questions is more than likely to have been asked before in the past.

Cheers,
Cameron Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL scripts through Shell Script

Oracle and Scripting gurus, I need some help with this script... I am trying to add the query SELECT * FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'METADATA' in the current script.... Read the result set and look for the TABLE_NAME field. If the field is pointing to one table eg.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling .sql in .sh file

Hi All , I have created .sql script in unix.this script contains 4 sql queries. Now I want to craete .sh file based on .sql script. So please let me know the steps to craete .sh file Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between calling the sub scripts

What is the difference between calling the sub scripts of below two line. /home/scripts/devdb.sh . /home/scripts/devdb.sh sh /home/scripts/devdb.sh We are using the suse 2.0 version (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts within script

Hi, I have written a some six scripts to move large files and re-size them. This has been done step by step, taking backup, creating the new files, merging the files, removing the temporary files created. Since these files are around 500 MB, each step takes somewhere between 1 to 5 mins. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from other script.

I need to call 3 different shell scripts from 2 different scripts, one is a perl script and other is Shell script. In Case -1 : The perl script is myperlscript.pl and the name of three shell scripts which need to be called from the perl script are a1.sh, a2.sh and a3.sh. Each shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Solution - Calling SQL*Plus scripts

I have a requirement of bash shell script calling SQL*Plus script. Shell Script sqlplus <user>/<pwd> @sqlscript1 parameters sqlplus <user>/<pwd> @sqlscript2 parameters Now I need the values generated by sqlscript1 in sqlscript2. But it is more like a huge dataset in a table and not one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)