Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: auto logout
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers auto logout Post 302146527 by lethgowerboy on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 03:16:38 AM
Old 11-21-2007
I'm using tcsh. I want to rlogin into another machine but don't want it to kick me out when I am inactive. I have root access to both machines which are on an internal network.
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout

Every time the ksh script completes I got message - logout. I don't want to see this message.... Can someone give me a clue Thanks in advance. ZAM SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.logout help

We have an application that uses the csh shell as the default. We can not change this as when we upgrade it will change back to csh. We have several people that log in with this id. I would like to create a .logout exit script to audit what transactions were performed, termal, etc. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
3 Replies

3. Solaris

.logout

I want to execute script while exiting a session, to gather session details. How to implement this in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh auto-logout problem

Hi all, Is there is any feature to auto-logout in OpenSSH 3.6.1p2, If yes then how to disable that because i am getting auto-logout within an hour when i am idle from SSH Server. Thanks in advance. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. Linux

ssh auto-logout

Hi all, Is there is any feature to auto-logout in OpenSSH 3.6.1p2, If yes then how to disable that because i am getting auto-logout within an hour when i am idle from SSH Server. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

session logout

hi, im executing one script i,e sh test.sh i want to log out the sessing after script execution. and i do't want to user command like this. sh test.sh ; exit can i exit the session with the use of script pl help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindng
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to logout

Hi I am using UNIX version. HP-UX HP-UNIX B.11.00 I am writing a script which on certain condition should logout of unix. But with exit command i am not able to get this.. Plz suggest how i should logout of the session directly. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
9 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04 - auto logout

Hello Everyone, This is my first thread. It's about latest version of ubuntu 10.4 (Ultimate Edition II.VI). I am really happy with seeing all the graphics and small duration installation process. Even, it takes very short to boot the OS. One of my friend was working on my desktop (ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbhalala
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
DOVEADM-KICK(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-KICK(1)

NAME
doveadm-kick - Disconnect users by user name and/or IP address SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] ip[/mask] doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user ip[/mask] DESCRIPTION
doveadm's kick command is used to disconnect users by user name and/or the ip address, from which they are connected. In the first form, all users, whose login name matches the user argument, will be disconnected. In the second form, all users, connected from the given IP address or network range, will be disconnected. In the last form, only users connected from the given IP address or networks range and a matching login name will be disconnected. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a anvil_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -f Enforce the disconnect, even when there are multiple users, from different networks, connected to a single process. This option may be only required when you have configured something like: service imap { ... client_limit = 1+n service_count = 0 ... } ARGUMENTS
ip[/mask] ip or ip/mask is the host or network, from which the users are connected. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. It's also possi- ble to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). EXAMPLE
If you don't want to disconnect all users at once, you can check who's currently logged in. The first example demonstrates how to discon- nect all users whose login name is 3 characters long and begins with ba. doveadm who -1 ja* username proto pid ip jane imap 8192 ::1 james imap 8203 2001:db8:543:2::1 doveadm kick ba? kicked connections from the following users: bar baz The next example shows how to kick user foo's connections from 192.0.2.*. doveadm who -1 foo username proto pid ip foo imap 8135 fd95:4eed:38ba::25 foo imap 9112 192.0.2.53 foo imap 8216 192.0.2.111 doveadm kick foo 192.0.2.0/24 kicked connections from the following users: foo doveadm who f* username # proto (pids) (ips) foo 1 imap (8135) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-who(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-06-12 DOVEADM-KICK(1)