Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Java Exceptions while installing Oracle Post 302146524 by panchpan on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 03:00:43 AM
Old 11-21-2007
Sorry I could not test font related commands - I had missed to set kernel parameters in /etc/systems , modified it and then did #reboot from root. Looks like I am not able to get the server back now :-( Could I do something now ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java on Openserver 6

Forgive the sheer volume of verbiage: Sco Openserver 6 - how to install Java 1.42_14b: The documentation says: "Make a subdirectory and unwind the tar file into that subdirectory. mkdir JAVA142 cd JAVA142; tar -xf ../OSR6_Java2_142.VOLS.tar Run the Software Manager with the command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetSco
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

installing java 5.0 in HPUX B11.11

please help me how to install java 5.0 in HPUX ...where can i download java 5.0 for HPUX? thanks winky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: winky
6 Replies

3. Programming

how to handle SQL exceptions to call script having args via java ?

Hi, i want to call shell script via java + in that shell script i m doing some sql operation by connecting to sqlplus . i want to return 0 if successful exeution of SQL operations else 1 ; is it possible ? #!/bin/sh Name=$1; export ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java Exceptions color

Hi, I call a java program from a cron job and i need to display the exceptions or Errors thrown by java(basically stacktrace) in the unix/linux console in the red color.Is it possible to do that? If so, pls. give me some pointers how to do that. eg: Exception in thread "main"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
SYNC(8) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   SYNC(8)

NAME
sync - synchronize data on disk with memory SYNOPSIS
sync [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
sync writes any data buffered in memory out to disk. This can include (but is not limited to) modified superblocks, modified inodes, and delayed reads and writes. This must be implemented by the kernel; The sync program does nothing but exercise the sync(2) system call. The kernel keeps data in memory to avoid doing (relatively slow) disk reads and writes. This improves performance, but if the computer crashes, data may be lost or the file system corrupted as a result. sync ensures that everything in memory is written to disk. sync should be called before the processor is halted in an unusual manner (e.g., before causing a kernel panic when debugging new kernel code). In general, the processor should be halted using the shutdown(8) or reboot(8) or halt(8) commands, which will attempt to put the system in a quiescent state before calling sync(2). (Various implementations of these commands exist; consult your documentation; on some systems one should not call reboot(8) and halt(8) directly.) OPTIONS
--help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. -- Terminate option list. ENVIRONMENT
The variables LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, and LC_MESSAGES have the usual meaning. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.2. NOTES
On Linux, sync is guaranteed only to schedule the dirty blocks for writing; it can actually take a short time before all the blocks are finally written. The reboot(8) and halt(8) commands take this into account by sleeping for a few seconds after calling sync(2). This page describes sync as found in the fileutils-4.0 package; other versions may differ slightly. SEE ALSO
sync(2), halt(8), reboot(8), update(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1998-11-01 SYNC(8)