Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Java Exceptions while installing Oracle Post 302146516 by porter on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 02:28:03 AM
Old 11-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchpan
Warning: Cannot convert string "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-15" to type FontStruct

at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.pSetFont(Native Method)
That looks like the give away, it's having problems with the named font.

What X server/terminal are you using?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java on Openserver 6

Forgive the sheer volume of verbiage: Sco Openserver 6 - how to install Java 1.42_14b: The documentation says: "Make a subdirectory and unwind the tar file into that subdirectory. mkdir JAVA142 cd JAVA142; tar -xf ../OSR6_Java2_142.VOLS.tar Run the Software Manager with the command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetSco
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

installing java 5.0 in HPUX B11.11

please help me how to install java 5.0 in HPUX ...where can i download java 5.0 for HPUX? thanks winky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: winky
6 Replies

3. Programming

how to handle SQL exceptions to call script having args via java ?

Hi, i want to call shell script via java + in that shell script i m doing some sql operation by connecting to sqlplus . i want to return 0 if successful exeution of SQL operations else 1 ; is it possible ? #!/bin/sh Name=$1; export ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java Exceptions color

Hi, I call a java program from a cron job and i need to display the exceptions or Errors thrown by java(basically stacktrace) in the unix/linux console in the red color.Is it possible to do that? If so, pls. give me some pointers how to do that. eg: Exception in thread "main"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
XTOTROFF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XTOTROFF(1)

NAME
xtotroff - convert X font metrics into GNU troff font metrics SYNOPSIS
xtotroff [ -rresolution ] [ -spoint-size ] [ -v ] FontMap It is possible to have whitespace between a command line option and its parameter. DESCRIPTION
xtotroff takes a FontMap, which maps groff fonts to X11 fonts, creates GNU troff metric files for all fonts listed. Each line in FontMap consists of GNU troff font name and an X font name (XLFD) pattern, separated by whitespace. Example: TB -adobe-times-bold-r-normal--*-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1 The wildcards in the patterns are filled with the arguments to the -r and -s switches. If a font name is still ambiguous, xtotroff aborts. OPTIONS
-rresolution Set the resolution for all font patterns in FontMap. The value is used for both the horizontal and vertical resolution. If not specified, a resolution of 75dpi is assumed. -spoint-size Set the point size for all font patterns in FontMap. If not specified, a size of 10pt is assumed. -v Print the version number. BUGS
The only supported font encodings are `iso8859-1' and `adobe-fontspecific'. SEE ALSO
gxditview(1) Groff Version 1.21 31 December 2010 XTOTROFF(1)