Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing network printer
Operating Systems SCO Installing network printer Post 302146368 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 07:28:23 AM
Old 11-20-2007
You can use "scoadmin" in the gui or in a text login, or "mkdev lp".

If you are adding a HP port 9100 printer, use "scoadmin" and choose the HP Printer config, or use it directly from /usr/lib/hpnp/hpnpcfg

However, most of us think that HP stuff is overkill and troublesome and use a third party tool; see Where do I get "netcat" and how do I use it?

Of course at this point in time, wouldn't it be better to be moving away from SCO anyway?

Index of Conversion articles

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing a printer

I am trying to install a stand alone printer. We have a printer currently linked to our network and we are using UNIX. We would like the stand alone printer to print from UNIX and not from the network printer. How do I make this work? I don't know much about computers so a step by step detailed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgraves
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer

Hello, In our company hp network printer 4050n configured on windows nt 4.0. We can able to print from a windows 2000 professional and windows 95,98 machines. And we have redhat linux 6.2 server also. Is it possible to configure network printer to print from a linux server. Can i know the steps... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing New Printer

Hi experts, Can anyone tell me how to set up a printer in UNIX (SCO). In my XP, i've got a printer (HP 840C) that i want the Unix Server to print to it. How can i give it the command so i can be able to print? I've seen some things about "lpadmin" but none of them worked. Must have some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network printer

I recently added an HP deskjet printer to our Solaris network. I deleted the old printer which this one is replacing. I did everything in Printer Admin. I could think of. The problem now is that when I go to print something out of Star Office, my new printer is not a valid choice from the drop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awells
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

6. SCO

Network Printer

Have been setting up HP network printers for quite sometime on SCO open server 3, 5.04 - 5.07. Purchased a new HP 1320n. It has JetDirect Built in. After configuring the Jet Direct, I Try to run the SCO HP Network Software trying to send PostScript or the HP-GL/2 file, they will not print. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zanny
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Printer driver

So I have a canon printer I'm trying to set it up I've gotten the driver from here; wget -c http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0100005511/01/cnijfilter-mg7100series-4.00-1-rpm.tar.gz I try and run the script thats below; But I know where i have to copy the driver too. I was wonder what file i have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
10 Replies

10. Linux

On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snookerdoodles
1 Replies
tsm.lpadmin(1M) 														   tsm.lpadmin(1M)

NAME
tsm.lpadmin - add or remove a printer for use with tsm(1) SYNOPSIS
printer model printer DESCRIPTION
is used to add (or remove) a printer to the LP spooling system when the printer is connected to the system through a terminal running the Terminal Session Manager (see tsm(1)). is a shell script that uses in the normal way but also creates a named pipe to which LP output is directed (see lpadmin(1)). This named pipe is opened by TSM and data flowing from it is sent to the printer through the terminal. Options recognizes the following options: Names a printer to be created with an associated pipe. If is used, must also be specified. Selects a model interface program for printer. model is one of the model interface names supplied with the LP software (see the Models topic in the lpad- min(1)) manual entry. If is used, must also be specified. Removes printer from the LP system. No other options are allowed with Restrictions To use you must be user or AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), tsm(1). tsm.lpadmin(1M)