Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prefixing filenames
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting prefixing filenames Post 302146329 by grial on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 03:08:35 AM
Old 11-20-2007
For instance, from the directory you talk about:
Code:
for f in *; do echo "@$f"; done >> /tmp/list.txt

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filenames

I have a problem with the script below #!/bin/sh for vo in `find -maxdepth 1 -type f -regex "^\./*$"` do ls -l "$vo" some other commands done It works fine until `find ...` returns files with spaces. I've tryed to change IFS but haven't succeed Any solutions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Addition with the prefixing zeros included

Hi I need to do an add function but it should include the prefixed zeros For Example i=00123 j=`expr $i + 1` The output it shows is 124 but I want the output to be 00124 Could any one help me finding out how to do this Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasenthil_k
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patterns in Filenames

Hi, To start, I am using a bash shell on a G4 powerbook running Leopard. I am attempting to write a shell script that will automate the processing of satellite imagery. All the filenames are of the following construction: A2008196000500.L2 where A indicates the sensor, the next four... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV formatting with prefixing, appending and padding field

Hi I have a very large csv file with some hundreds of thousands of rows of data. The data is in the following format: Up to four alpha numeric characters for the first word. This is either set as 2 characters followed by 2 spaces, or as a single 4character word. This is then followed by an 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meself
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a pattern in a file & prefixing a word

Hi, In my shell script i have to match a patten in a file , if found i have to prefix the entair line by a "word" eg. pattern = "aaa" prefix= #123 file: bbbb xxx zzzz aaaa qqqq kkkk outPut file: bbbb xxx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
5 Replies

6. Programming

Unicode filenames in C++?

I'm trying to figure out how to support Unicode or atleast an unsigned char in the d_name of struct dirent The problem i'm facing is that I'm checking file names for special characters and obviously the "char d_name" doesn't like it. I'm looping through the directory and getting the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

8. AIX

filemon with no filenames...

i excuted filemon with filemon -u -o /tmp/filemon.out -O all;sleep 60; trcstop. everything is ok, but i only get PID for filenames in Most Active Files. is there any different flags i need to use to get filenames? Code tags please, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

10. Slackware

cp does not like filenames with accents?

Hi: mkisofs -graft-points -rational-rock -joliet -joliet-long -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -o /tmp/image.iso STORE1/=/almacen/strauss In /almacen/strauss there are filenames containing not only spaces but accented characters as well. I burned the image to DVD, with the result that all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)