Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Questions on shell execution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Questions on shell execution Post 302146327 by Klashxx on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 03:06:01 AM
Old 11-20-2007
Opps .. Steve i didn't notice that you wanted to use the root user. Sorry about that and tnx gus2000 & prowla.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on shell scripts execution

I have already posted the question. Because previous post has sinked so that I have to ask the question again. I created the script and chmod it as 755. The ksh shell is in bin. Now I typed ./script_name.ksh to execute the script in the directory of that script. The return message was: Ksh:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic execution of shell script

Dear All, I want to execute a shell script,whlie system is booting. I was try using /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but its not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script questions

Hello. I am a beginner and I need to create a script that goes: There are several library where there are compressed files. I have to decompress all files that start with 'XA%' and retrieve all rows that contain 'CSSF' and copy this to a file. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papou5480
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting questions

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this. 08-24-2010 10:22:34,xxxxxxxxMessage : 111 08-24-2010 10:24:38,xxxxxxxbMessage : 000 08-24-2010 11:28:11,xxxxxxxcMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxdMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxeMessage : 111 (I should look for Message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell execution

hi, Pls bare with me if this is trivial. Is it possible to run a korn shell with out specifying the name with its extensiion? Do i need to make any changes to the script make it work? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script execution in ab initio

Hi All, How to execute shell script for running Ab initio graphs? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop like execution in shell

Hi, In the script that i work now, I wrote the script such a way that the values retrieved using a tcl script is passed into a shell script to specify the path where the specific file needs to be sourced exists. For eg: I got a path from the tcl script given below, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Shell Commands

I have a question: Where would I put the Command line (of any command) so that it executes every time I log on? Where would I put it if I want it to execute every time I start a new shell? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
5 Replies
abstractile(6x) 						XScreenSaver manual						   abstractile(6x)

NAME
abstractile - draw abstract mosaic patterns of interlocking tiles SYNOPSIS
abstractile [-sleep seconds] [-speed int] [-tile tile_mode] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The abstractile program draws chaotic grids of randomly colored and shaped interlocking tiles. OPTIONS
abstractile accepts the following options: -sleep seconds Specify the number of seconds to sleep between screens (0-60). -speed int A value between 0 and 5 used to specify the speed at which each screen is drawn. -tile tile_mode The type of tile that is drawn on each screen. Legal values are random, flat, thin, outline, block, neon, and tiled -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 by Steve Sundstrom. Based on examples from the hacks directory of xscreensaver, Copyright (c) 1997, 1998, 2002 Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. AUTHOR
Steve Sundstrom X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) abstractile(6x)