Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Questions on shell execution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Questions on shell execution Post 302146259 by stevefox on Monday 19th of November 2007 09:02:39 PM
Old 11-19-2007
Thank advice guys.

I will avoid modifying the root PATH and try finding a better method.

Steve

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on shell scripts execution

I have already posted the question. Because previous post has sinked so that I have to ask the question again. I created the script and chmod it as 755. The ksh shell is in bin. Now I typed ./script_name.ksh to execute the script in the directory of that script. The return message was: Ksh:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic execution of shell script

Dear All, I want to execute a shell script,whlie system is booting. I was try using /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but its not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script questions

Hello. I am a beginner and I need to create a script that goes: There are several library where there are compressed files. I have to decompress all files that start with 'XA%' and retrieve all rows that contain 'CSSF' and copy this to a file. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papou5480
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting questions

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this. 08-24-2010 10:22:34,xxxxxxxxMessage : 111 08-24-2010 10:24:38,xxxxxxxbMessage : 000 08-24-2010 11:28:11,xxxxxxxcMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxdMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxeMessage : 111 (I should look for Message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell execution

hi, Pls bare with me if this is trivial. Is it possible to run a korn shell with out specifying the name with its extensiion? Do i need to make any changes to the script make it work? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script execution in ab initio

Hi All, How to execute shell script for running Ab initio graphs? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop like execution in shell

Hi, In the script that i work now, I wrote the script such a way that the values retrieved using a tcl script is passed into a shell script to specify the path where the specific file needs to be sourced exists. For eg: I got a path from the tcl script given below, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Shell Commands

I have a question: Where would I put the Command line (of any command) so that it executes every time I log on? Where would I put it if I want it to execute every time I start a new shell? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
5 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)