Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: SCP issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg: SCP issue Post 302146126 by s4g3 on Monday 19th of November 2007 01:08:04 AM
Old 11-19-2007
If it really takes a very long time, chances are the ssh session will time out - try increasing the ssh timeout period on the server, if possible.

~Sage

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg : telnet password issue

Hi All, I am working on AIX 5.3. My requirement is to telnet to a server and scp a file from another server In my shell script i am using telnet to enter to a server and i am echoing the password as below echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt reg SCP

Hi , I have a doubt reg SCP . For eg.. FileA is in host1 .Is it possible to receive fileA by logging to host2 using SCP.. Please let me know what is the major difference between scp and sftp.. We can use both for file transfer(correct me if am wrong) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

hi, after scp from a mac to a unix server and back a set of .wav files (originally generated by ppt with 'record narration') become corrupted somehow, and when opened the sound files has become noise. non-.wav files in the same folder are not affected. strangely, the problem only seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halcroves
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

I've got an ssh server on each pc in my LAN. I wanna use scp to copy files, but it doesn't work. 0;4:59pm% scp mghis@localhost:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3's password: < I type in the remote password > mar 28 set 2010, 17.00.26, CEST 17:00:26 up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
4 Replies

6. Solaris

scp issue

Hi I am trying to copy file from one server to another server. i used : scp filename username\@targerserver:path i got this is error : ssh: servername: node name or service name not known lost connection Please advice on this Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp/untar in parallel issue tar : Unexpected EOF in archive

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp/untar .tar file in parallel issue

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with scp to whole folder

previously 1 folder was created in a week. but now it creating more than 1 folder. shown as belowfor example:-------------------- 1 Aug A 2 Aug B 8 Aug M. Now i want scp to the whole content for whole folder. Let say in first week having 2 folder which need to scp to remaote in twice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabindratech
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)