Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to boot Fedora 8 from USB Post 302146119 by fpmurphy on Sunday 18th of November 2007 10:52:17 PM
Old 11-18-2007
Have a look at the following article:

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/1...nd-so-can-you/

When you boot your computer, you need to tell it to boot off of the USB flash drive and not the hard disk.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bootable USB Stick || Fedora 8

Hello Everybody I am planning to install Fedora core 8 on an extra PC I have; what I wanna do is to boot from a USB stick then install Fedora from an ISO image I already have via FTP. Could any one tell me how to create bootable USB Stick for Fedora as I already found how to install from FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_nasr2001
0 Replies

2. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

3. Linux

Usb Boot

Hi I am trying to create a fedora 11 usb boot disk for my acer aspire note book. Problem is the only access i have to another machine is a mac running leopard. Can some one tell me how i go about this please Treds (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to install fedora 13 from a usb media....it should not like 'live'?

im using Dell Inspiron with windows 7 as operating system.....in my hard drive there is some 34 gb unpartitioned space and now i want to install fedora 13 into it, after installation it should be dual boot. problem here is... i have the fedora 13 image file ie fedora13-i386-DVD.iso file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik437
13 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

boot floppy for fedora 13

Is there a way to create a boot floppy for a fedora 13 system? Rescue disk image from the official boot.iso is too big. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fedora 17 - No video after boot

Hi, I'm new to the Linux world and I'm having issues. Screen goes blank after Fedora boots up. I can see the POST and Fedora Grub screen but afterwards, goes blank. I believe I installed something but I cant remember what....its been a couple days. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gps1976
0 Replies

9. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)