Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automake/autoconf problem
Top Forums Programming automake/autoconf problem Post 302146043 by Akimaki on Friday 16th of November 2007 10:39:48 AM
Old 11-16-2007
automake/autoconf problem

hi,

i'm fairly new with automake and i ran into a problem that i have found no solution for. so i have a setup where i don't want all the output files generated by the compiler and alike in my src directory, instead i created a build/unix folder and i have build/unix/config set for AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR. then i ran ../../configure from here and everything works just fine. however when i wanted to add platform specific options and used AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM then configure was unable to locate anything from the config directory (like install-sh).

another thing i tried is to put all the configuration files into build/unix and ran configure with --srdir=../../src but it failed on sanity check with the following error: "ls -t appears to fal"

any suggestions how should i solve this problem or is there a good guide that have some more complex examples?

thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automake

hi on machine automake 1.9 are install but i am not able create make file so please tell me what proper command to create make file using automake (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to give link to new install automake

helo , i m using RHEL 4 and in that automake -2.59 now i install automake-2.61 but when i say # rpm -qa |grep automake it shows only automake-2.59 actually i want to use automake-2.61 so how to resolve this issue amit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

3. Programming

Dependencies problem GNU automake

I am using the GNU automake. I have created the Configure.in and Makefile.am files but don't know how to link in my dependencies. I have basically added another project (OpenCV) to my eclipse workspace and want to reference this in the build. I have set Eclipse up to include the Cpp files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hembergb
5 Replies

4. BSD

You have another version of autoconf...

Hi gurus, I'm a FreeBSD noob who has generated an error, searched everywhere for solutions, and has just joined this forum (and searched it) hoping you can help. I really need to get mysql server installed again ASAP, and preferably with Sphinx as a storage engine, or my web app in dev is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userunx
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

KDE Needs Automake >= 1.6.1 -- I have 1.11

Hi, I'm on Fedora-11-x86_64 with KDevelop 3.5.4. I have automake 1.11 installed, but when I attempt to run automake and friends on a new project I get: *** YOU'RE USING automake (GNU automake) 1.11 *** KDE requires automake 1.6.1 or newer I reported(KDevelop) the error Bug: 210084 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucelio
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using automake and autoconf with C++

hi, I have written the Makefile.am and autoconf.ac files and am looking to build my project by providing the following commands: $autoreconf -f -i -m $./configure both of the above work fine, but when I give the make command, I get the following error: make all-am make: Entering directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
0 Replies

8. Programming

Using autoconf and automake. aclocal-1.11: command not found

Hi, I'm trying to make my source "buildable". autoconf and automake tools are used. configure and Makefile.in files are created successfully. configure.ac: AC_INIT() AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR() AC_PROG_CXX AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(main, 0.1) AC_CHECK_HEADERS()... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoConf,-Make

Heyas I'm trying to rewrite the install procedure of TUI, applying the standards of the Autotools. Inofficial: unix - Why always ./configure; make; make install; as 3 seperate steps? - Stack Overflow autoconf automake tutorial Official: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
4 Replies
LIBTOOLIZE(1)							   User Commands						     LIBTOOLIZE(1)

NAME
libtoolize - manual page for libtoolize 2.4.1a SYNOPSIS
libtoolize [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Prepare a package to use libtool. -c, --copy copy files rather than symlinking them --debug enable verbose shell tracing -n, --dry-run print commands rather than running them -f, --force replace existing files -i, --install copy missing auxiliary files --ltdl[=DIR] install libltdl sources [default: libltdl] --no-warn don't display warning messages --nonrecursive prepare ltdl for non-recursive make -q, --quiet work silently --recursive prepare ltdl for recursive make --subproject prepare ltdl to configure and build independently -v, --verbose verbosely report processing --version print version information and exit -h, --help print short or long help message The following space or comma delimited options can be passed to libtoolize via the environment variable LIBTOOLIZE_OPTIONS, unknown envi- ronment options are ignored: --debug enable verbose shell tracing --no-warn don't display warning messages --quiet work silently --verbose verbosely report processing You must `cd' to the top directory of your package before you run `libtoolize'. When reporting a bug, please describe a test case to reproduce it and include the following information: host-triplet: x86_64-apple-darwin11.2.0 libtoolize: (GNU libtool) 2.4.1a automake: automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1 autoconf: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68 AUTHOR
Written by Gary V. Vaughan <gary@gnu.org>, 2003 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libtool@gnu.org>. GNU libtool home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/>. General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtoolize is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtoolize programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtoolize should give you access to the complete manual. libtoolize 2.4.1a October 2011 LIBTOOLIZE(1)