Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calculate 13 months ago
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculate 13 months ago Post 302146019 by andrea_mussap on Friday 16th of November 2007 07:09:48 AM
Old 11-16-2007
calculate 13 months ago

hi,
I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago.

I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today.

see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!)

======== file.scl ================
/STATISTICS=stderr
/STABLE
/NODUPLICATES
/EXECUTE " today=`date +%Y%m%d` "
/EXECUTE " 13m_ago=`expr ${today} - 10000` "
/INFILE=$PAR_SCL1
/FIELD=(CONTA_CORRENTE, POSITION=1, SIZE=13)
/FIELD=(DATA_VENCIMENTO, POSITION=50, SIZE=10)
/CONDITION=(cond1, TEST=(DATA_VENCIMENTO > ($13m_ago) )
/INCLUDE=(CONDITION=cond1)
/KEY=(NUMERO_FATURA, ASCENDING)
/OUTFILE=$PAR_SCL2
/FIELD=(CONTA_CORRENTE, POSITION=1, SIZE=13)
/FIELD=(DATA_VENCIMENTO, POSITION=50, SIZE=10)

============================================

"DATA_VENCIMENTO" is the date that have to be in the maximum equal 13 months ago.
the layout of DATA_VENCIMENTO is 20071115 , for exemple.

I've already see the topic ( https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...rithmetic.html) but it didn't help me ...

My Unix is Solaris.

does somebody can help ?
thanks , Andrea. [ 16/11/2007 ]

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files with dates 3 months ago

please help me with this????? :confused: :confused: i need to create a program that will run in unix that will delete all files in a given directory that is at least 3 months old. first the program will need to automatically know what date it is right now to determine the files it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godalle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to run first day of month to calculate date 3 months ago

Hi, I would like to find out how can i calculate a date which is 3 months ago. I intend to run a cron job on the 1st of every month, and calculate the month 4 months earlier from the date. For example, if today's date is 1st May 2007, i would like to return 012007( January 2007). i can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate 13 months ago

hi, I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago. I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today. see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!) ======== file.scl ================ /STATISTICS=stderr /STABLE /NODUPLICATES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea_mussap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate the time 10 mins ago?? unix

Hi guys, Im trying to subtract time in ksh script. i.e. basically im querying a database and i want to get the time 10mins before hand..(from) in ksh CurrMin=$(date "+%M") from=`expr $CurrMin - 10` to=$CurrMin however if i run this i say at 2 or 3 mins past the hour, i.e.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate months and display in shell scripting

I just want to know, how do we calculate the months in shell scripting. If i give the input as 20-01-2011, the output should be 20-02-2011, 20-03-2011 or 20-04-2011........ How do i get this ? Cheers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin24
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
Time::Local(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Time::Local(3pm)

NAME
Time::Local - efficiently compute time from local and GMT time SYNOPSIS
$time = timelocal($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year); $time = timegm($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year); DESCRIPTION
These routines are the inverse of built-in perl functions localtime() and gmtime(). They accept a date as a six-element array, and return the corresponding time(2) value in seconds since the Epoch (Midnight, January 1, 1970). This value can be positive or negative. It is worth drawing particular attention to the expected ranges for the values provided. The value for the day of the month is the actual day (ie 1..31), while the month is the number of months since January (0..11). This is consistent with the values returned from local- time() and gmtime(). The timelocal() and timegm() functions perform range checking on the input $sec, $min, $hour, $mday, and $mon values by default. If you'd rather they didn't, you can explicitly import the timelocal_nocheck() and timegm_nocheck() functions. use Time::Local 'timelocal_nocheck'; { # The 365th day of 1999 print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 0,0,0,365,0,99; # The twenty thousandth day since 1970 print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 0,0,0,20000,0,70; # And even the 10,000,000th second since 1999! print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 10000000,0,0,1,0,99; } Your mileage may vary when trying these with minutes and hours, and it doesn't work at all for months. Strictly speaking, the year should also be specified in a form consistent with localtime(), i.e. the offset from 1900. In order to make the interpretation of the year easier for humans, however, who are more accustomed to seeing years as two-digit or four-digit values, the following conventions are followed: o Years greater than 999 are interpreted as being the actual year, rather than the offset from 1900. Thus, 1963 would indicate the year Martin Luther King won the Nobel prize, not the year 2863. o Years in the range 100..999 are interpreted as offset from 1900, so that 112 indicates 2012. This rule also applies to years less than zero (but see note below regarding date range). o Years in the range 0..99 are interpreted as shorthand for years in the rolling "current century," defined as 50 years on either side of the current year. Thus, today, in 1999, 0 would refer to 2000, and 45 to 2045, but 55 would refer to 1955. Twenty years from now, 55 would instead refer to 2055. This is messy, but matches the way people currently think about two digit dates. Whenever possible, use an absolute four digit year instead. The scheme above allows interpretation of a wide range of dates, particularly if 4-digit years are used. Please note, however, that the range of dates that can be actually be handled depends on the size of an integer (time_t) on a given plat- form. Currently, this is 32 bits for most systems, yielding an approximate range from Dec 1901 to Jan 2038. Both timelocal() and timegm() croak if given dates outside the supported range. IMPLEMENTATION
These routines are quite efficient and yet are always guaranteed to agree with localtime() and gmtime(). We manage this by caching the start times of any months we've seen before. If we know the start time of the month, we can always calculate any time within the month. The start times are calculated using a mathematical formula. Unlike other algorithms that do multiple calls to gmtime(). timelocal() is implemented using the same cache. We just assume that we're translating a GMT time, and then fudge it when we're done for the timezone and daylight savings arguments. Note that the timezone is evaluated for each date because countries occasionally change their official timezones. Assuming that localtime() corrects for these changes, this routine will also be correct. BUGS
The whole scheme for interpreting two-digit years can be considered a bug. The proclivity to croak() is probably a bug. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Time::Local(3pm)