Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern searching pattern in c files Post 302145998 by uvrakesh on Friday 16th of November 2007 03:17:47 AM
Old 11-16-2007
finding / operator

sed -n '/\/\//d; /\/\*/d ; /\*\//d ;/\//p' hello.c

This would first remove all the // comments and then /* and then */
and then from the remaining search for /

Hope this may help

Regards,
RUV

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern searching inside Variable - not looking at files

Hi, I've searched this site and not found this already, so if I missed on my search, sorry. I need to pass in a variable to a script, where the first three characters of that variable represent a calendar quarter, and the last 2 characters are the year. I.E. Q0105 for Q1, Q0205 for Q2, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for files with certain string pattern

Hello All I would like to search for files containing certain string pattern under all the directories under /vobs/vobname and print the output to a file in my home directory. How can I do this? Note: /vobs/vobname conatins several directories. Thank You in advance newbetounix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intrigue
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching all files that contain pattern

Hello All, i have to search a pattern in all the files in all subfolders that are present in current directory. suppose i am in d1 directory and in that sd1,sd2,sd3 are subdirectories. in sd1 i have files f1,f2 sd2 i have files f3,f4 sd3 i have file f5 i have to list out all those... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for searching a pattern in 5 files and deleting the patterns given

Hi All, I have written the below script that searches for the pattern in a file and delete them if present. please can some one have a look and suggest the changes in the script. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching across multiple files if pattern is available in all files searched

I have a list of pattern in a file, I want each of these pattern been searched from 4 files. I was wondering this can be done in SED / AWK. say my 4 files to be searched are > cat f1 abc/x(12) 1 abc/x 3 cde 2 zzz 3 fdf 4 > cat f2 fdf 4 cde 3 abc 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a particular string pattern in 10000 files

Problem Statement:- I need to search a particular `String Pattern` in around `10000 files` and find the records which contains that `particular pattern`. I can use `grep` here, but it is taking lots of time. Below is the command I am using to search a `particular string pattern` after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Moving of file content to another two files after searching with specific pattern

Hello, Please help me with this!! Thanks in advance!! I have a file named file.gc with the content: 1-- Mon Sep 10 08:53:09 CDT 2012 2revoke connect from FR2261; 3delete from mkt_allow where grantee = 'FR2261'; 4grant connect to FR2261 with '******'; 5alter user FR2261 comment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern and extracting records related to that pattern

Hi there, Looking forward to your advice for the below: I have a file which contains 2 paragraphs related to a particular pattern. I have to search for those paragraphs from a log file and then print a particular line from those paragraphs. Sample: I have one file with the fixed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a pattern in .gz files

in a directory, I have some files(comma seperated) and some .gz files (each .gz file contain one file which again is comma seperated). I want to search and write the names of all those files which contain any particular value (say 1150) at any specified field position(say 10th field). How di I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kumar Jivi
1 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] < input DESCRIPTION
Clean the input in the manner used by Git for text such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)