Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx Command
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mailx Command Post 302145966 by shahnazurs on Friday 16th of November 2007 12:31:16 AM
Old 11-16-2007
mailx -s "hi" -~ -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF

is still not attaching.....when i remove -r "abc@yahoo.com" then it is working fine...

uuencode a.txt a.txt | mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com

this is working fine, but i need to insert this attachment between two paragraph...
how do i do that?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

Hi friends, i have seen the following line in some unix shell script . can some one explain me what exactly the statement is meant for ? ========================================================= mailx -s " Master Data Transmission Report for $TODAY at $TIME " < /etc/tr/tmp/$tmplog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command help

Dear All, I need to send a mail to a group ( the address of which is in a .profile file)..My basic mailing functionality isn't working. When i try to run mailx -s "Hello" abc@xyz.com the command does not return to the prompt an runs infinitely. Request you to help me out here along with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and -s command

How does the -s command work with mailx. I know that -s is to create a symbolic link when being used with ln but i'm not sure what the command does with mailx. Anyone?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjetterman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

8. Solaris

mailx command

Dear all, Every time if i use mailx it is asking for entering the From Address. I want to set it in some place, So that it will take it by default whenever we send mails. Pl help on this. Regards JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx command

Hi, I am seeing that this command is sending mail even when the nawk command in untrue ( does not have any output ). I only want it to send mail, where it goes above the threshold, and has some output. nawk -F'(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)|' '/(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Mailx command

Using RHEL 5.5 New to using 'mailx' Was trying to check if mailx is configured. mailx command gives a list of unread mails. Now I tried to send mail using this command to a local or on network machine using mailx -s "Test2" "root@<servername>" But did not receive any message. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
6 Replies
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)

NAME
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil - Fetch Brasiln stock quotes via Yahoo. SYNOPSIS
use Finance::Quote; my $q = Finance::Quote->new; my %info = $q->fetch("yahoo_brasil","BHP"); # Use this module only. my %info = $q->fetch("brasil","BHP"); # Failover with other methods. DESCRIPTION
This module allows information to be fetched from Yahoo abouts stocks traded on the Brasilian Stock Exchange. This module is loaded by default on a Finance::Quote object, although it can be explicitly loaded by passing the argument "Yahoo::Brasil" to Finance::Quote->new(). This module provides both the "brasil" and "yahoo_brasil" fetch methods. You should use the "brasil" method if you wish to allow failovers to other sources, and "yahoo_brasil" if you only want to obtain quotes from this module. Information obtained via this module is governed by Yahoo's terms and conditions, see http://br.finance.yahoo.com/ for more details. LABELS RETURNED
This module returns all the standard labels (where available) provided by Yahoo, as well as the currency label. See Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base for more information. SEE ALSO
Yahoo Brasil, http://br.finance.yahoo.com/ Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base perl v5.14.2 2014-03-03 Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Brasil(3pm)