Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse a string in XML file using shell script Post 302145781 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 15th of November 2007 06:03:22 AM
Old 11-15-2007
I checked it again and its working as expected.

May be the input format that we had used might be slightly different, or some bug in the script ? Smilie

Could you please post the input file that you had used ( the one with 2 records ) ?

I could take a look again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String in XML file

Hello All, I am new to this and I need to parse an XML file. Here's the XML Input File: <Report version="1.2"> <summary fatals="0" testcases="1" expected_fails="0" unexpected_passes="0" warnings="9" tests="21" errors="0" fails="1" passes="20" /> <testresult... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a Unix Script to parse xml file

Hi All, My requirement is create an unix script to parse the xml file and display the values of the Elements/value between the tags on console. Like say, I would like to fetch the value of errorCode from the below xml which is 'U007' and display it. Can we use SED command for this? I have tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil.Wmg
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex/shell script to Parse through XML Records

Hi All, I have been working on something that doesn't seem to have a clear regex solution and I just wanted to run it by everyone to see if I could get some insight into the method of solving this problem. I have a flat text file that contains billing records for users, however the records... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerrad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file in shell script

Hi Everybody, I have an XML file containing some data and i want to extract it, but the specific issue in my file is that the data is repeated some times like the following example : <section1> <subsection1> X=... Y=... Z=... <\subsection1> <subsection2> X=... Y=... Z=...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Parse the XML data along with the URL in Shell Script?

Hi, Can anybody help to solve this. I want to parse some xmldata along with the URL in the Shell. I'm calling the URL via the curl command Given below is my shell script file export... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megala
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml in shell script and extract records with specific condition

Hi I have xml file with multiple records and would like to extract records from xml with specific condition if specific tag is present extract entire row otherwise skip . <logentry revision="21510"> <author>mantest</author> <date>2015-02-27</date> <QC_ID>334566</QC_ID>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
12 Replies
DD(1)							      General Commands Manual							     DD(1)

NAME
dd - convert and copy a file SYNOPSIS
dd [option=value] ... DESCRIPTION
Dd copies the specified input file to the specified output with possible conversions. The standard input and output are used by default. The input and output block size may be specified to take advantage of raw physical I/O. option values if= input file name; standard input is default of= output file name; standard output is default ibs=n input block size n bytes (default 512) obs=n output block size (default 512) bs=n set both input and output block size, superseding ibs and obs; also, if no conversion is specified, it is particularly effi- cient since no copy need be done cbs=n conversion buffer size skip=n skip n input records before starting copy files=n copy n files from (tape) input seek=n seek n records from beginning of output file before copying count=n copy only n input records conv=ascii convert EBCDIC to ASCII ebcdic convert ASCII to EBCDIC ibm slightly different map of ASCII to EBCDIC lcase map alphabetics to lower case ucase map alphabetics to upper case swab swap every pair of bytes noerror do not stop processing on an error sync pad every input record to ibs ... , ... several comma-separated conversions Where sizes are specified, a number of bytes is expected. A number may end with k, b or w to specify multiplication by 1024, 512, or 2 respectively; a pair of numbers may be separated by x to indicate a product. Cbs is used only if ascii or ebcdic conversion is specified. In the former case cbs characters are placed into the conversion buffer, con- verted to ASCII, and trailing blanks trimmed and new-line added before sending the line to the output. In the latter case ASCII characters are read into the conversion buffer, converted to EBCDIC, and blanks added to make up an output record of size cbs. After completion, dd reports the number of whole and partial input and output blocks. For example, to read an EBCDIC tape blocked ten 80-byte EBCDIC card images per record into the ASCII file x: dd if=/dev/rmt0 of=x ibs=800 cbs=80 conv=ascii,lcase Note the use of raw magtape. Dd is especially suited to I/O on the raw physical devices because it allows reading and writing in arbitrary record sizes. To skip over a file before copying from magnetic tape do (dd of=/dev/null; dd of=x) </dev/rmt0 SEE ALSO
cp(1), tr(1) DIAGNOSTICS
f+p records in(out): numbers of full and partial records read(written) BUGS
The ASCII/EBCDIC conversion tables are taken from the 256 character standard in the CACM Nov, 1968. The `ibm' conversion, while less blessed as a standard, corresponds better to certain IBM print train conventions. There is no universal solution. Newlines are inserted only on conversion to ASCII; padding is done only on conversion to EBCDIC. These should be separate options. DD(1)