Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help me in receiving,validating emails and save them in local directory Post 302145683 by porter on Thursday 15th of November 2007 02:19:05 AM
Old 11-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharsanc
i'm using exchange server?
How do you normally read your emails?

What local directories are you refering to?

Why do you want to store all attachments as text files, and what does that mean?

My preference for automatically reading from Microsoft Exchange Server is to use MAPI-2, alas normally only available for Windows.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check sendmail is not receiving any emails

Hi all, Need some advise again. I am new to sendmail service which is already configured by some other administrators. I would need to write a script to check whether sendmail service is enabled in Solaris and Linux. Using this command "ps -ef | grep sendmail | grep -v grep". Or is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kinki
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

save weather radar to local time-named file every 15 minutes

I think I can do this myself now, but I am always amazed by how people can do things cleaner and simpler than I end up doing... Using cron, I want to save the image found at: http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/centgrtlakes.gif every 15 minutes to a local file , such as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brucewestfall
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating a file or directory

Hi there, im writing a script and trying the get the 2nd parameter and check it if its valid file or valid directory, Example: ./test -a quiz1 i need to check quiz1 ($2) if it matches any name of a file or directory. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating files using server name and directory

Hi, I want to check if a file is a regular file or not using server name and file path. Example: I want to check whether //<server_name>/home/chandan/abc.txt is a regular file or not. Need your help!!. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandanN
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save files in directory as txt

wget -x -i link.txt The above downloads and create unique entries for the 97 links in the text file. However, each new file is saved as CM080 with a FILE extention. Is there a way to convert each file in that directory to a .txt? The 97 files are in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save input as text in directory

I am having a little trouble with some things using the code below: 1. printf "Enter variant: "; read variant The user enters the variant and that value is used in the python script. However, I am not sure how to save that value inputed as a text file in a specific directory... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select and save file in new directory

I am trying to select a file in bash and save it to a directory. The below does run but no selected file is saved. Thank you :). bash # select file printf "please select a file to analyze with entered gene or genes \n" select file in $(cd... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
MAPIPROFILE(1)						     OpenChange Users' Manual						    MAPIPROFILE(1)

NAME
mapiprofile - administer OpenChange MAPI Profiles databases SYNOPSIS
mapiprofile [-?GSnEcrlV] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-L|--ldif=PATH] [-G|--getdefault] [-S|--default] [-n|--newdb] [-f|--database=PATH] [-P|--profile=PROFILE] [-I|--address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] [-M|--workstation=WORKSTATION_NAME] [-D|--domain=DOMAIN] [-R|--realm=REALM] [-E|--encrypt] [-v|--exchange-version=2000] [-u|--username=USERNAME] [-C|--language=LANGUAGE] [-s|--pattern=USERNAME] [-p|--password=PASSWORD] [--nopass] [-c|--create] [-r|--delete] [-R|--rename=STRING] [-l|--list] [--listlangs] [--dump] [-a|--attr=VALUE] [--dump-data] [-d|--debuglevel=LEVEL] [--getfqdn] [-k|--kerberos={yes|no}] [-V|--version] DESCRIPTION
mapiprofile is a command line tool designed to provide administrative support for OpenChange MAPI profiles. A profile in this context rep- resents a single user's connection to a server. It can be thought of as a user's account information stored on the client side. Most Open- Change utilities make use of the profile information stored in the local profile database, often by referring to the name of the profile. In addition, because most users only have a single account, it is possible to designate one profile as the default profile. If a profile is not specified, other utilities will use the default profile (if any) to establish a connection. mapiprofile is designed so it also provides sample code for developers interested in adding OpenChange MAPI profile support to their appli- cations. COMMANDS
--newdb -n Create a new database. --create -c Create a new profile in the database. --delete -r Delete a profile from the database. --rename PROFILE -R Rename a profile in the database --default -S Set the default profile in the database. --getdefault -G Get the default profile name from the database. --dump Display information about a specific profile from information stored in the database. --list -l List existing profiles in the database. --listlangs List the available languages. These can be used to specify the language name (--language) when creating a profile. OPTIONS
--database DATABASE -f Path to the profile database. If no path database is specified then the default one will be used $HOME/.openchange/profiles.ldb --ldif LDIF -L Path to the LDIF files. If no LDIF directory is specified then the default one set at compilation time will be used. This option is only used when creating a new profile database. --profile PROFILE -p Set the profile name to use (e.g. the profile to create or delete, or to dump information about). --address IP_ADDR|FQDN -I Set the Exchange server IP address or fully qualified domain name. --workstation WORKSTATION -M Sets the local computer name. --domain DOMAIN -D Set the Windows domain name. --encrypt -E Require the connection to be encrypted. This is normally required only on Exchange 2010 (and will presumably also be required on future versions), but may be used on Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. --exchange-version -v Specify which version of the protocol to use. The reasonable options are 2000, 2003/2007 and 2010. 2000 means use EcDoConnect (0x0) / EcDoRpc (0x2) RPC calls, 2003 or 2007 means use EcDoConnectEx (0xA) / EcDoRpcExt2 (0xB) RPC calls, and 2010 means use EcDoCon- nectEx (0xA) / EcDoRpcExt2 (0xB) RPC calls over a sealed pipe. --kerberos -k Specify whether to force Kerberos (set to yes), not use Kerberos (set to no). If you omit this option, Kerberos will be used where practical. --realm REALM -R Set the Windows realm --username -u Set the username to use to log on the Exchange server. --password -p Set the password corresponding to the username described above. --language -C Specify the language to use with the account. When specifying the name, you use the name of the language returned within the list --listlangs option displays. See the --listlangs option for how to obtain the full list of languages. The default language code is the system one stored within the LC_CTYPE environment variable. --pattern -s Set a username string pattern mapiprofile should use rather than the default username. This option is used during mapi profile cre- ation. --nopass Do not save password in the profile. --attr VALUE -a Print an attribute value. --dump-data Dump the hex data. --debuglevel LEVEL -d Set the debug level. --getfqdn Returns the DNS fully qualified domain name of the NSPI server matching the legacyDN. EXAMPLES
Create a blank MAPI profile database: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles2.ldb --ldif=/usr/local/samba/share/setup --newdb Create a new profile using NTLMSSP authentication: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --profile=jkerihuel --username=jkerihuel --password=secret --language=French (France) --address=192.168.194.22 --workstation=LOCALHOST --domain=OPENCHANGE --create Profile jkerihuel completed and added to database /tmp/profiles.ldb. Note that this account will use French. Create a new profile using Kerberos authentication: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --profile=jkerihuel --username=jkerihuel --password=secret --language=French (France) --address=exchange.openchange.local --domain=OPENCHANGE --realm=OPENCHANGE.LOCAL --create Delete a profile: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --profile=jkerihuel --delete Profile jkerihuel deleted from database /tmp/profiles.ldb List profiles: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --list We have 2 profiles in the database: Profile = exchange-2000 Profile = jkerihuel Dump a profile: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --profile=jkerihuel --dump Profile: jkerihuel username == jkerihuel password == secret mailbox == /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=jkerihuel workstation == LOCALHOST domain == OPENCHANGE server == exchange.openchange.local Dump profile attribute: mapiprofile --database=/tmp/profiles.ldb --profile=jkerihuel --attr=HomeMDB Profile jkerihuel: HomeMDB = /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGE2000 AUTHOR
Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> SEE ALSO
The codes for various languages can be found in many places, including the Windows Language Code Identifier (LCID) Reference. OpenChange libmapi 0.11 2011-07-12 MAPIPROFILE(1)