Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My Work Is Like This Movie!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? My Work Is Like This Movie! Post 302145639 by blowtorch on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 11:00:08 PM
Old 11-15-2007
I voted for Speed... well there are quite a few movies here that I haven't watched, but I think Speed fits well.

I work in a build and deploy team, so there are times when things are slow and easy, like it was for the people on the bus. And then suddenly work comes in from nowhere and falls on you like a ton of bricks - then its just like knowing that there's a bomb on the bus!

My best so far is taking a project with a four node prod VCS cluster, a two node DR VCS cluster and almost 10 TB of storage from racking to production in 8 days flat. And after that I was practically idle for a couple of weeks!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

i Movie HD

i Movie HD will not play sound from an imported movie :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgjiu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Movie file help

I have a movie i'm trying to watch using the vlc player but it says it's a unix executable file that can't be played. Help?! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshine210
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How to make a movie like a pro...

Hi All, I am in the process of shooting home made movie, I need to do lot of editing. What is the best software for this? I have seen few free but there is always some kind of limit as to what you can do. I don't mind paying $100 or $150 to buy the software. I am using Canon Digital... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
clinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						clinfo(1M)

NAME
clinfo - display cluster information SYNOPSIS
clinfo [-nh] DESCRIPTION
The clinfo command displays cluster configuration information about the node from which the command is executed. Without arguments, clinfo returns an exit status of 0 if the node is configured and booted as part of a cluster. Otherwise, clinfo returns an exit status of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays the highest node number allowed to be configured. This is different from the maximum number of nodes supported in a given cluster. The current highest configured node number can change immediately after the command returns since new nodes can be dynam- ically added to a running cluster. For example, clinfo -h might return 64, meaning that the highest number you can use to identify a node is 64. See the Sun Cluster 3.0 System Administration Guide for a description of utilities you can use to determine the number of nodes in a cluster. -n Prints the number of the node from which clinfo is executed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. This is usually because the node is not configured or booted as part of a cluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2002 clinfo(1M)