Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to make syntax into a korn script?? Post 302145519 by llsmr777 on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 12:52:21 PM
Old 11-14-2007
well that sort of worked.
"End of Report" was still included in the sort.

Also how can I sort the second column by the last two charecters and then by the first one?

Thanks again for all your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn syntax

Hi, how do I write this condition in korn shell: file="*.html" if then echo "$file" fi I am trying to find all html files from a input text file that were created today and ftp them to a different server. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with Korn script

Hello All.. Can someone tell me how to use "backspace" key in a script. I tried to use ^C (type from the keyboard) but its not working. I know its a silly question to ask but I am really frustated with this thing for good 1 hour or so. I am trying to provide an input file to a script so that I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a BATCH script from my korn script with multiparameters

I've this BATCH script to run from my korn script... The command is /usr/local/BATCH/runBatch.sh PARAM1 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' (runBatch takes parameter 1 = PARAM1 parameter 2 = 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' ) If i run this command from command line it just runs fine... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
7 Replies

5. Web Development

How to make "enter" work in HTML syntax

I have one syntax to find something from desktop on server, the script is as below, I actually speaking don't know anything in this script. It creates a window, where i get a drop down boxes with folder names given below and a blank box where i have to put the folder name to search. and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with korn script

Hi guys, I am new to unix scripting. I have a folder rx and it has subfolders rx1,rx2 and rx3 each subfolder has 4 directories each load,land,arch and extr I have the below tar and rm commands using wich we should write a shell script rx1-- tar -cf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kornscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to korn shell script

I have a perl script which replaces "*" with "|" and "~" with "\n" also it takes the file content starting with ST till record starting with SE written a differnet file, I wanted this to be convereted into KSH script, can anyone help me perl script: perl -e ' $file_counter=0;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass script with parameter in korn shell script

I have written a script which will take input parameter as another script. However, if the script passed as input parameter has parameters then this script doesn't work. I have a script b.ksh which has 1 and 2 as parameters I have a script c.ksh which has 3,4 and 5 as parameters vi a.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find correct syntax to make file name uppercase letters

I have a file name : var=UsrAccChgRpt I want to make them upper case. Tried: $var | tr Error: tr: Invalid combination of options and Strings. Usage: tr | -ds | -s | -ds | -s ] String1 String2 tr { -d | -s | -d | -s } String1 Could you please help. I am using AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
CORE(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 CORE(3pm)

NAME
CORE - Namespace for Perl's core routines SYNOPSIS
BEGIN { *CORE::GLOBAL::hex = sub { 1; }; } print hex("0x50")," "; # prints 1 print CORE::hex("0x50")," "; # prints 80 CORE::say "yes"; # prints yes BEGIN { *shove = &CORE::push; } shove @array, 1,2,3; # pushes on to @array DESCRIPTION
The "CORE" namespace gives access to the original built-in functions of Perl. The "CORE" package is built into Perl, and therefore you do not need to use or require a hypothetical "CORE" module prior to accessing routines in this namespace. A list of the built-in functions in Perl can be found in perlfunc. For all Perl keywords, a "CORE::" prefix will force the built-in function to be used, even if it has been overridden or would normally require the feature pragma. Despite appearances, this has nothing to do with the CORE package, but is part of Perl's syntax. For many Perl functions, the CORE package contains real subroutines. This feature is new in Perl 5.16. You can take references to these and make aliases. However, some can only be called as barewords; i.e., you cannot use ampersand syntax (&foo) or call them through references. See the "shove" example above. These subroutines exist for all keywords except the following: "__DATA__", "__END__", "and", "cmp", "default", "do", "dump", "else", "elsif", "eq", "eval", "for", "foreach", "format", "ge", "given", "goto", "grep", "gt", "if", "last", "le", "local", "lt", "m", "map", "my", "ne", "next", "no", "or", "our", "package", "print", "printf", "q", "qq", "qr", "qw", "qx", "redo", "require", "return", "s", "say", "sort", "state", "sub", "tr", "unless", "until", "use", "when", "while", "x", "xor", "y" Calling with ampersand syntax and through references does not work for the following functions, as they have special syntax that cannot always be translated into a simple list (e.g., "eof" vs "eof()"): "chdir", "chomp", "chop", "defined", "delete", "each", "eof", "exec", "exists", "keys", "lstat", "pop", "push", "shift", "splice", "split", "stat", "system", "truncate", "unlink", "unshift", "values" OVERRIDING CORE FUNCTIONS
To override a Perl built-in routine with your own version, you need to import it at compile-time. This can be conveniently achieved with the "subs" pragma. This will affect only the package in which you've imported the said subroutine: use subs 'chdir'; sub chdir { ... } chdir $somewhere; To override a built-in globally (that is, in all namespaces), you need to import your function into the "CORE::GLOBAL" pseudo-namespace at compile time: BEGIN { *CORE::GLOBAL::hex = sub { # ... your code here }; } The new routine will be called whenever a built-in function is called without a qualifying package: print hex("0x50")," "; # prints 1 In both cases, if you want access to the original, unaltered routine, use the "CORE::" prefix: print CORE::hex("0x50")," "; # prints 80 AUTHOR
This documentation provided by Tels <nospam-abuse@bloodgate.com> 2007. SEE ALSO
perlsub, perlfunc. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 CORE(3pm)