Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Another Thesis Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Another Thesis Problem Post 302145500 by porter on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 12:08:06 PM
Old 11-14-2007
(a) no home-work questions

(b) this approach would only work for tcp not udp

(c) tcpwrappers does this kind of filtering

by elfread, do you mean elfread(AS)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Distribute Master's Thesis Under GPL?

What does everyone think about distributing a Master's thesis under the GPL? If this license is not appropriate, is there a corresponding license which offers the same thing for documents? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dd command or maybe AFS problem

Hi, folks. Sorry for bothering, but maybe someone could help me please. The problem is the following: there is some script that copies files from local file system to AFS. The copying is performed with dd command. The script copies data into some AFS volumes. The problem appeared with one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Thesis Problems

Hey All i want to be able to run command line commands in a java program, ive heard about java runtime, am i on the right track? Cheers for the help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerperrett
4 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Linux training and MA thesis

Hello. First, sorry for me English. I'm new here. I need help. I'm from Poland and I write MA thesis about Linux courses in Europe and USA. Please write name company (and www. if You know) in ours country how offer training from Linux, no matter authorized or not (e.g. RH or Debian) . I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemic
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

9. Red Hat

Idea for master thesis related to Linux : Redhat.

Hello Team, I am on last semestr on my studies. I have a problem with choosing right thesis topic. Do You have maybe any ideas for thesis related to Linux area? I really need your help - the most important thing is that there should be research element in the topic because of master degree... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: protos27
3 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)