Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find any spike in CPU usage a hour ago Post 302145480 by kavera on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 10:39:49 AM
Old 11-14-2007
Thank you Sysgate for the speedy reply. It mattered.

Below ones worked for me:

():/var/adm/sa$ sar -s 04:00 -e 07:00 -i 60

():/var/adm/sa$ sar -f sa14

Not sure if below one is right:

():/var/log$ cat syslog * | grep "load average"

Cheers! Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

2. Programming

To find CPU Usage

I am programatically trying to find CPU usage for a particular process. I am writing a C program for this. I am not sure if my approach is good at all. I first of all find the PID using getpid() method. Then I call top -f <filename> and then parse to reach the PID row. I then try to read the 10th... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache causing CPU to spike when POSTing

Hello all. I've built a SAMP server on Solaris 10 using Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6 For the most part everything seems to be working except when I post form data, Apache causes the CPU to max out. Sometimes the script will complete about 40 seconds later. Other times I have to stop Apache to get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check CPU spike between certain priod of time

Hi, Does anyone know how to check which process has been used the most CPU between certain time period? say I have noticed CPU spike happend between 1:00 to 1:30 now it is 3:00 o'clock already. Is there anyway to find out what process/PID use the most CPU then? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process

Hi, By using time command we can determine the execution time of a process or command. bash-2.04$ time ls -l total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file2 real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.001s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - script creating huge spike in Kernel CPU

I'm running on Solaris 10, and I have a script that's running on several machines. Basically, what it's doing is: * tail -f | grep one or more log files into a temp file * Every minute or so, copy that temp file to a second temp and zero the first * Sed through the 2nd temp to pull out a user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rorgg
2 Replies
llconvert(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      llconvert(8)

NAME
llconvert - Modify lastlog records from DIGITAL UNIX releases 4.0x and prior to new format SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/llconvert [-vnrp?h] input_file [output_file] OPTIONS
Restore new format to old format. Verbose. Display lines while converting. Do not preserve contents of input file. Formatted print only. Do not convert. (May be used with the -r option). Display usage message. DESCRIPTION
The llconvert command reads records from the lastlog file, such as /var/adm/lastlog, and converts the record format to the updated struct lastlog format. If no output file is specified or if the output file path is identical to the input file path, llconvert makes a backup copy of the original input file using the following algorithm: If filename.orig exists. Where n is a unique number. The llconvert command attempts to detect an input file that is in the wrong format (for example, input file is already a new format file). A warning message is issued in this case, but conversion continues. RETURN VALUES
Success. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To convert an old format accounting file to the new format: llconvert /var/adm/lastlog.prev Upon completion of this command, /var/adm/lastlog.prev will have been converted to the new format. The original /var/adm/last- log.prev is renamed to: /var/adm/lastlog.prev.orig To convert a lastlog file in new format to the old format: llconvert -r /var/adm/lastlog /var/adm/last- log.old FILES
Lastlog header file that defines the format for the lastlog file. The active lastlog file. SEE ALSO
Commands: finger(1) llconvert(8)