Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Command similar to "touch" for modify File size Post 302145452 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 07:50:38 AM
Old 11-14-2007
if you are not concerned about the contents of file, overwrite the file (of 1 MB in your case) with a different file having the required size (1KB in your case)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum input file size in "Diff" Command

Hello, Can anyone let me know what is the maximum file size that can be given as input for the "Diff" Command in Unix? I have a file size as large as 28MB and which can also increase. Will I face any issues with such a file size. If yes, What is the other alternative. Thanks in advance for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neeraja
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the similar command for "grep -v" in nawk?

Can any one please say about the below, using, grep -v "name" file.txt the result of above command will be it will print all the lines except the line which having the word "name" similarly, nawk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print;c=a}b{r=$0}' b=0 a=1 s="name" file.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help -- Modify awk command to handle "," delimiter

Currently I am using this command to split a CSV file based on the distinct values in the 16th (position) column. awk -F, 'NR==1 { hdr=$0; next } $16 != prev { prev=name=$16; gsub(/_]/,"",name); $0 = hdr "\n" $0 } { print > ("/Directory/File."name".Download.csv") }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lojkyelo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
TPCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TPCTL(8)

NAME
tpctl -- touch panel calibration utility SYNOPSIS
tpctl [-D dispdevname] [-d devname] [-f filename] [-hnuv] DESCRIPTION
tpctl is a touch panel calibration utility. tpctl calibrates a touch panel and saves and restores the calibration parameters into/from a parameter database file. Available command-line flags are: -D dispdevname Specify display device name. -d devname Specify touch panel device name. -f filename Specify alternate parameter database file name. -h Print brief description. -n Do not change the parameter database file. -u Force calibration. Without this flag, tpctl won't do calibration if the database file already contains parameters for the touch panel. -v Verbose mode. You calibrate the touch panel the first time you run tpctl. If you see a cross cursor on the screen, you should tap the center of the cursor to calibrate the touch panel, or you can abort the calibration with the 'ESC' key. Five cursors will appear on the screen in turn. Once calibration is done, tpctl saves the calibration parameters into the database file and uses the saved parameters to calibrate the touch panel. You can run tpctl automatically with /etc/rc.d/tpctl. FILES
/etc/tpctl.dat The default calibration parameter database file. The -f flag may be used to specify an alternate database file name. tpctl will create an empty database file if it doesn't exist. /dev/ttyE0 The default display device, which is used to display the cursor during calibration. The -D flag may be used to specify an alternate display device name. The display device must provide the 'hpcfb' interface as defined in /usr/include/dev/hpc/hpcfbio.h. /dev/wsmux0 The default touch panel device. The -d flag may be used to specify an alternate touch panel device name. SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5) BUGS
tpctl isn't available on all ports because it requires a display device which provides the 'hpcfb' interface. BSD
August 25, 2002 BSD